Bye Bye GTO

BLK_DVL

Sep 18, 2003
Hillsboro, Or
The GTO is gone, traded it in a few days ago. Found out it kind of sucks having only 2 sports cars if you need to do any house type stuff, take the dogs places, etc.

So we picked up a new JEEP Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with the Hemi V8 loaded with all the options (think like 350 hp and 375 trq), pretty peppy truck. Never liked Jeeps before but the new body style is awesome inside and out. It has the Quadra-drive II that can actively shift torque in all four wheel directions to seek maximum available traction in off-road driving with the ESP stability system stuff.

Now I can start modding the vette more this year, have a car that can handle everything else!

photo_overland_2.jpg

photo_limited_8.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yup I know what you mean. Thats why I sold my '91 LX and got a expedition. That worked for a while but I couldn't pick up rocks and dirt etc. So I traded that in and got a f150 supercrew. Can't haul much now cause its got a 3/4 drop and 22's...hehehehe :D :D

The new Jeeps look sweet.

Damn you change cars more then i do :nonono: I seen the special on speed on the new dodges and you should of got the cherokee SRT8 trust me your gonna regret it or you'll be tranding that slow thing in for one! peace

john:p

My brother just bought an '06 GTO and I am going to ride in it next week when we are in L.A. He says the thing is an absolute beast and take to mods very nicely.

I am also a HUGE fan of the new Jeeps and the fact that you can get them with the Hemi is awesome!

Very nice trade man!

kindof an oxymoron of sorts...Honda/Truck...lol

Seems like SonicBSnake is wrapped in a bowtie... Do you own any Fords? Is the Snake still in your stable?

Thanks guys, happy with the trade off in cars. The GTO was a nice car, but with the vette in the same garage it wasnt really needed much. Also neither of the cars were much help when trying to do something practicle.

Cory, I like the new SRT8's,they look pretty bad-ass, they are about the same price as the one we just picked up but are not out yet in the area. Dealers said they were on the way but I heard that for about 6 months waiting for the vette too.Thought about it, but decided to just get the lower hp Hemi, with all the luxery options. This way my wife wont kill herself by flipping over somewhere, she has a bit of a lead foot.

fiveohwblow said:
Seems like SonicBSnake is wrapped in a bowtie... Do you own any Fords? Is the Snake still in your stable?

Nope currently no Fords in my stable, the 03 Cobra was the last one. Wife works for GM so we've been taking advantage of that. Ws thinking about picking up a new Explorer but the JEEP was simply a better car, and way more powerful.

The JEEP is actually Daimler/Chrysler product, with the new Jeeps/Chrylers you can really see the Mercedes Benz influences that have made them a lot better cars.

Jon said:
That's pretty nice Jesse. Do you miss the GTO yet? That was a sweet car.

I dont miss it much, never really drive it. Lisa is atually really happy with the truck, it has some good torque to move it around.

Hey are you guys a Procharger or Magnacharger dealer. thinking seriously about going that route this year. Been hearing good things about both. Dont want to lose to these new Z06s Ive been seeing around:nice: Come on big tax return:flag:

duner said:
Congrats Jesse! I considered buying one of those. Sweet ride. Whens the blower going on?

Hope to get the blower on by the summer, but who knows Ive been debating on a heads.cam package also. All depends if my job position change at work goes through soon and a nice tax return would help too.

Liking the truck a lot, makes a bunch of things easier to do.