bye bye side emblems

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Been raining here the past 2 days :bang: and I cant get any more work done on my engine bay because the car sits outside so I decided to smooth out the front fenders. Both emblems are removed as well as the antena which will probably be places behind the A pillar. Heres the drivers fender ready for primer and paint, waiting for the pass side body filler to dry to sand it smooth. I'm using this stuff called piranha putty made by 3M and this stuff is very easy to apply and sand :nice:

fender01.jpg

And one of the Y-pipe I made to connect my 3" downpipe into my shorty h

turbo05.jpg

I'll have the pictures of the other fender tonight

• Sponsors (?)

Thats cool man...i always wondered, how old are you?

I cant wait to get older, get a house or somewhere to work, and have money to buy the tools to do all this kind of DYI kind of stuff.

Cant wait to see it finished!

nmcgrawj said:
I cant wait to get older, get a house or somewhere to work, and have money to buy the tools to do all this kind of DYI kind of stuff.
Me either :lol: I just turned 20 in october, still living with the parents because I cant afford to move out.

Heres the pic of my engine bay, filled in the hole that was there on the pass side, got it all cleaned and ready for primer. Might do that tomorrow morning if its nice out and paint on sunday.

Before

bay02.jpg

After

bay03.jpg

bay04.jpg

Nate - Yea I'm lucky. I don't really have a garage to work in, but my dad was a mechanic who owned his own shop so when he sold it, all of the tools came to the house. To do this it's pretty simple, Just need a welder, some sheet metal, something to grind down the welds, body filler and sand paper. Could do it yourself then take the fenders to a body shop to have painted if you don't know how to paint.

Dan - Thanks. Yea that hole was big, needed room to fit the turbo in there, but with my new setup I'm making the altinator is going to be on the drivers side so the turbo will sit a lot closer to the engine so it wont hit the fender anymore.

Well here is the pass fender, everything is smoothed out and ready for primer.

fender02.jpg