Bye bye TransAm! Hello new beater!!!!

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
Well, in the whim, i dicided to get rid of my bomb waiting to go off TransAm. In 2 years I had it, I put less then 2000miles on the POS, spent too much, and stuff kept braking. It was running good now, but was matter of time before brake again. Since I bought RX-8 few months back, I have Mustang, TransAm, RX-8, and my Trusty Geo. So i figure i need another trusty beater.

Say Hi to my new beater!!!
"Beater" if you can call it that :D ...

View attachment 380265
(Sorry for the crappy pic. its dark out
2002 Ford Explorer XLS
4.0 SOHC V-6
Auto
Some knobby tire (New)
Some Rim
IRS
Keyless
4wheel disc
CD player
Power everything
80xxxmiles

And get this - All this for $8100 with 24mo/24000mile warrenty
And FULL tank of gas! And paid off my T/A for less then $200 month!
I think I did good ya?

Oh and with some money i saved, Geo got new chrome hubcap!

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking at Jeep Wrangler / Chelokee. But I was not able to find one that had good milege/price/year ratio.
I did find several Wrangler that fit in to my price range i was looking for. But non was A/T (A/T was must as my GF drive it too).
Tell you what tho - i was Originally looking something like 92 Jeep for like $2000....
But it worked out well in the end.

you have an RX-8 and thats a beater too, damn I hate to see your idea of living it up

Sad part of it is that my pocket is not deep enough for me to live it up:( !!!

i had a 94 explorer, it was a great car, decent offroad and very reliable...except for the tranny

when i sold it, it was on its third

nonetheless i never had problems with anything else on the car

I had an 02 Eddie Bauer Explorer with the 4.6. I loved it except I had to get the tranny rebuilt on 3 separate occasions buy the dealer (warranty work). It just was not strong enough to pull the mustangs to and from the track. Now I have an 04 f150 fx4 super cab. I love it also, and tows great!

i had a 94 explorer, it was a great car, decent offroad and very reliable...except for the tranny

when i sold it, it was on its third

nonetheless i never had problems with anything else on the car

I had an 02 Eddie Bauer Explorer with the 4.6. I loved it except I had to get the tranny rebuilt on 3 separate occasions buy the dealer (warranty work). It just was not strong enough to pull the mustangs to and from the track. Now I have an 04 f150 fx4 super cab. I love it also, and tows great!

I also had an '02 that I traded on the mustang. The warranty was about to expire along with my 3rd tranny. Never towed with it, just drove it like you should. My family has had collectively about 6 Exploders and I think 3 or 4 had the tranny problems....

Other than that it was a great car. Never left us stranded... I hope you got one of the good ones!!

Explorers are good. Had two, one with the 4 speed auto and one with the 5, the 5 had a problem with a seal and started puking fluid, aside from that no problems.

One question though... why so many cars man? And how do you keep up with the insurance? lol.

One question though... why so many cars man? And how do you keep up with the insurance? lol.

How? hummmm how should I say this?
lets just say that my priorities are NOT straight.
I'm 29, not married, no kids, and no house yet. And luckly, my GF makes alot of money.

Would that answer your question?

ADD: I do NOT sell drugs despite of populer believe around my neigborhood:nonono:

we have a whole fleet of exploders at work. One is that body style. 4x4 4.0 auto. Good truck. The shifter is kinda weird, maybe broken. It's hard to put in P

other then that, it has about 80k hard work miles on it and it's only had minor electrical problems which could be related to the radios and lights :D