Bypass A/c?

Hey all I am planning on bypassing my a/c. I see several kits they sell. But I have a buddy that said he bypassed his just by getting a shortbelt. Is this possible? :shrug: I looked at my engine and it doesn't look right. I havent seen his yet, gonna go check it out tonight. Any info on this would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

There has been alot of questions on this topic. If you have not tried yet to do a search on this topic you might try that to get alot of idea's. Personally I used the Ford AC delete kit. I have a Vert and I did not want the AC on the car so I got rid of it with the delete kit. This kit is very good quality and what it does is move your power steering pump up to just about where the AC unit used to be. This is just the way I did it, if you want to keep the AC you might try the search idea and read what others have done.
Good luck! :nice:

If you mean bypassing tyhe pulley but keeping it on the car....why?\

With the belt off, spin the A/C pulley. It freewheels. It's nothing more than a idler pulley when the A/C is off. It probably sucks up 0.0000001 HP.

Also, when you go WOT, the WOT relay cuts off the A/C. I always roll my eyes when people say "I was racing with my A/C on"