C&L 80mm Meter Kit and TrueFlow Inlet tube are good mods

1999GTCONV

Oct 2, 2003
Just wanted to let all the nay-sayers and critics of the C&L 80mm Mass air Meter kit that it IS A GOOD MOD. I installed the C&L 80mm mass air meter kit and True Flow inlet tube on my 99GT convertible and I have to say that the benefits are extremely noticeable. My benefits are a smoother idle, better throttle response and excellent seat-of the pants HP gains as I have yet to test it on the dyno. I am extremely happy with this modification and would recommend it to anyone.

• Sponsors (?)

is there an echo in here ??? :shrug:
:p

I know what you're sayin''............
We run the C&L 80mm MAF on our car and try to extoll its' benefits to anyone who'll listen.......... always have. It's one of the few products that actually delivers what it promises with respect to HP gains.
We picked up a dyno-verified 13 RWHP with that one mod alone. :banana:
That Lee Bender 'fella makes some good stuff. :nice::hail2:

madmatt said:
What else do you have done? Im thinking about going the C&L route instead of just a k&n or something.Thanks
Matt

Matt, my other mods thus far is just a Borla Stinger catback, Superchips Microtuner, the C&L 80MM meter and Trueflow Tube and soon to have a Bassani Catted x-pipe and 4.10 gears after Christmas.

Sounds good, im trying to get an idea on how the gains are on a mostly stock car. AH i need those 4.10's though. There are too many things i wanna do all at once but dont have the money... lol join the crowd i guess.Thanks
Matt

Good Job! I want to get this or the Pro-M setup, but I want to chrome or polish to a mirror finish, the True flow pipe to match my accufab plenum and TB. DOes anyone know if this can be done and is it recommended?

Excepting the T.B., which is the 75mm unit C&L recommends, I've changed out everything from the plenum forward with C&L's pieces, and am very satisfied. I'm trying to be patient about waiting for their rumored lower intake.

Chiara said:
Excepting the T.B., which is the 75mm unit C&L recommends, I've changed out everything from the plenum forward with C&L's pieces, and am very satisfied. I'm trying to be patient about waiting for their rumored lower intake.
did you your c&l mods at different times or same time.. do you feel like your low end torque is noticably better than stock with those mods?

Also this question is for everyone with the C&L inlet tube... Does it get hot after decently long trips.. i'm worried about purchasing one because of having hot air going in the motor and losing power once it gets hot

-wade

wms004 said:
did you your c&l mods at different times or same time.. do you feel like your low end torque is noticably better than stock with those mods?

Also this question is for everyone with the C&L inlet tube... Does it get hot after decently long trips.. i'm worried about purchasing one because of having hot air going in the motor and losing power once it gets hot

-wade

Wade, suprisly not. I have got on long trips and the C&L TrueFlow tube does not get very hot at all. I was certainly surprised myself but to me it seems no hotter than the plastic stock tubing.

wms004 said:

-wade

1st, no, I got the MAF about 1-1/2 years ago. It was my 2nd modification after my gears, and it did give a nice SOTP improvement throughout the RPMs it pulled harder low & high. C&L then started producing the Trueflow Pipe. I honestly didn't feel much improvement with that over the rubber pipe. I actually felt like I might've lost some low RPM power, but that's just my butt talking, not dyno numbers. I'm sure it flows better than stock, but at near-stock power levels, with nothing flowing better after the pipe, I suppose it couldn't perform to it's potential. I didn't put the rubber pipe back in place after doing the plenum & T.B., so I'm not entirely sure weather or not I would feel a difference now that some downstream restrictions have been taken care of. With the Plenum & Throttle Body, the low RPM change was subtle, but noticeable, and at about 3k rpm it starts pulling quite a bit harder than stock.

As far as the pipe heating up, I have to disagree with 1999GTCONV, mine does gets hot, to the point that you could burn your hand on it if you tried to handle it too long. LOL, I actually did burn my thumb on it when I got my Plenum, because I was so anxious to put it on.