C&L Cai what tune to use?

ausmad

Jun 24, 2008
Little Elm, TX

I am installing a C&L CAI racer on my 08 Mustang GT

I have the diablo predator tuner Model u7145

I have the latest revisions of the predator software.

In this latest revision diablosports does not have any packaged tunes for the C&L cai

They recommend using a 95 mm universal tune, or get a custom tume.

All other parts are stock on my car.

What would be my best way to go to tune my car after installing the CAI kit?

• Sponsors (?)

I am installing a C&L CAI racer on my 08 Mustang GT

I have the diablo predator tuner Model u7145

I have the latest revisions of the predator software.

In this latest revision diablosports does not have any packaged tunes for the C&L cai

They recommend using a 95 mm universal tune, or get a custom tume.

All other parts are stock on my car.

What would be my best way to go to tune my car after installing the CAI kit?

Get a tune from Doug at Bamachips.

I've had tunes from Bamachips and Brenspeed. Both are good, but the Bamachips tune is a bit more aggressive (and cheaper). You'll see a huge difference with either one, though.

BamaChips Tuning go there for starters. You can call them too. Pay some cash ~$75, tell him your computer code from the side of the ECM in the engine bay. Mine was a 4 digit code I have a 06.

Doug did me well. True story. I was in Birmingham at the 45th show in April. Doug was there aloing side c&l. He sold me the c&l kit with a diablo tuner. He said..pull you car around here to the vendor area and I will tune the car and install the kit while you wait. That was cool. He did it for free while I watched. It was a simple install but still. Really nice guy.

I recently installed a C&L Street intake with "no tune" insert. Last week I got an SCT tuner with Bamachips 93 tune. Took out the insert, installed the tune, and Wow! what a difference in throttle response. It took me a few rides to work just to adjust to the new performance. She now begs for throttle and chirps through third. Big improvement in exaust note, too.