C&L Intake Plenum/75mm Accufab TB's here!

• Sponsors (?)

thats what i'm doing next to my car. do you have to get a computer tune or have a super chips type thing to do that? also if i put in a 87 mm maf do i need to do a computer tune? will it run too lean/rich? whats the deal, i just want to bolt the plennun/TB/MAF on and do nothing to the computer or injectors. after that i'm getting a catted x-pipe and 4:10 gears

downsouthman1 said:
You don't have to get a tune if you're patient. Your car's comp will eventually learn your curves again if it was set for performance in the past, like my Superchip.

but my computer is totally stock, will i be messing stuff up if i dont do anything to the computer?

bergs said:
thats what i'm doing next to my car. do you have to get a computer tune or have a super chips type thing to do that? also if i put in a 87 mm maf do i need to do a computer tune? will it run too lean/rich? whats the deal, i just want to bolt the plennun/TB/MAF on and do nothing to the computer or injectors. after that i'm getting a catted x-pipe and 4:10 gears

from what I have learned, the MAF data will override the computers settings for Air:Fuel. Mustangs run very rich from the factory so this mod will trick the computer and tell it that there is less air flowing, therefore less fuel will be added. Then you'll make more power and save some gas too :)

downsouthman1 said:
Oh OK. That made me feel a bit easier. I'll be very easy & thorough & quick cuz it's about 32 degrees w/ 7mph Northerly wind outside in the dark. Got a light though.
to be honest, it really shouldnt take long at all...keep us updated :)

Hey downsouthman, be careful when you tighten the bolts down on the upper plenum that you dont overtighten them,your bolting down into plastic and it could crack eaisly, especially if its cold out, i think 1990stang may have mentioned something to me about that in a post i made when i was doing this mod, just letting you know, other than that worry, everything should be good.

if i remember thats step 1, so make sure you're turning the wrench in the right direction and then try your hardest..you make want to spray some WD-40 on there or something first though..