C&l/mac Maf Calibration Tube Questions

Jun 10, 2014
Hi guys, so I have some questions; I have a C&L 73mm MAF (for better or worse) and need a different calibration tube for my 24# injectors. Running an A3M (factory style) processor. Now C&L is out of business and the only place I can find the tubes are the Mac versions from their website. So I put in an order yesterday for a CT10 (Mac's version of a C&L brown tube from what I can tell using their conversion chart.) however upon further inspection, their website says to use a Mac CT2 (their version of a C&L blue tube.) so I called tech support and the tech guy said to go off their chart and use the CT2 not the CT10. So I put in that order. Here's the part that bugs me; C&L uses a brown tube/CT10 in my car as well as 94-95 5.0s with 76mm MAF & 30lb injectors (36 for cobra.) Mac uses a brown tube/CT10 in the 94-95 5.0s with 76mm MAF 30lb injectors (36 for cobra) C&L uses the blue tube in 86-93 5.0s with 80mm MAF & 36/38lb injectors. Mac also uses the CT2/blue tube for 86-93 5.0s with 80mm MAF & 36/38lb injectors. So because of the confusion on the website, I don't know if I've got the right item. The tech guy seemed pretty sure I needed the CT2 but it just doesn't seem right. Hoping maybe one of you guys has some knowledge. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Here's the Mac conversion chart, Mac calibration chart & C&L calibration chart so you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,488
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 861
Idk the direct answer to your question but take my advice with a grain of salt. I have owned a c&L. Sell that thing and get a pro m. Your car will thank you later....

Reactions: 1 user
Sell it on ebay to someone willing to use the calibration tube you already have.
Buy a pro m 75mm bullet. Should be able to find one for around $100 used.
Probably get $50+ for the C&L on ebay. That $50 difference minus the money you are paying mac for what is sure to be a screwed up product will make your life much easier.

C&L and mac, what a match made in heaven. As far as i'm concerned the 2 worst companies that make parts for mustangs. Problems or failure is almost a certainty combining those 2 brands.

Edit: During a quick look at the mac page, $30+ shipping for that tube? That is nuts.

Last edited: