C&L MAF, Inlet tube, Intake Plenum, and BBK t/b

03gtmustang

May 26, 2003
Northern Va
Im planning on getting the c&l maf, inlet tube, intake plenum, and a bbk t/b, but with the increased air flow ill need to upgrade my fuel injectors right? I dont want a chip yet so which fuel injectors would i get. If i dont get any injectors and i get all the c&l stuff my car will be running rich or lean right? Are upgraded injectors really necessary? What lbs should i get?

EDIT:
Got some new ideas....

1. Tokico suspension kit
C&L MAF
C&L Inlet Tube
C&L Intake Plenum
BBK T/B

2. Tokico suspension kit
C&L MAF
C&L Intake Plenum
BBK T/B
Trans-Go Shift Kit

Idea 1 or idea 2??? Still need advice on those injectors.

• Sponsors (?)

FYI...you'll probably wind up running lean. I wound up running lean with similar mods and SES light got thrown. I put the stock MAF back on (with K&N filter inside and no silencer). I plan to put MAF back on when I get a tune this spring.

I actually ended up getting richer as a pose to getting more lean.

I have the exact set up you're refering to in option #1.

There are no worries about calibration for the C&L Maf for your car, feel free to snag the 85mm one for your year. It reuses your stock maf electronics.

I've put on the exact same mods minus the plenum(see sig) and have had no problems. Still using stock injectors. Just be sure to reset your comp. and to give it a few driving cycles to relearn the changes. BTW car still averages 23.5 to 25.6 MPG.

Personally, I get stuff in conjunction, just because I'm weird like that, so I wouldn't skip it myself and I think it's worth having a complete set rather than still using some stock parts in a series of mods that can easily go with each other. If that makes any sense.

Performance wise, I wouldn't know, I threw on the C&L Plenum, Intake Pipe, 85mm MAF, BBK 75mm TB at the same time.

I guess it's worth it, though, apparently my numbers are a little higher than what most would expect.

03gtmustang said:
Is the inlet tube really worth it???

Not sure, since I bought and installed all at the same time. When I bought the stuff it came as part of the package, so I figured what the heck.

sapperstang78 said:
He has 21 lb injectors. Like was said before: the C/L uses the stock maf sensor

99+ comes with 19lb injectors stock. If you are planning on doing a shift kit maybe look into Jerry's mod first. Costs almost nothing. I think thats the way i would go if i had an auto. Also, may want to think about a gear. 4.10 would probably give you better results than dropping all the money on the C&L stuff. Just my .02. Good luck :nice:

yeah i got 4.10's with the transgo shift kit and it's astounding what a difference it made.

also, when I do my head swap, i'll be getting the C&L plenum and 75mm tb. i've already got the C&L maf with a homemade denscharger CAI and I noticed a nice little SOTP gain. More than what people say it gives (which they say is nothing). My timeslips proved the naysayers wrong. :D