C&L or Pro-M

SAYNOTORICE

Aug 21, 2003
Massachusetts
Santa is gonna be bringing me a Cobra Intake for Christmas, so i think upgrading to a larger mass air will be a good idea....i am wondering what the best one is...my setup will eventually include a 75 shot of zex...should i get the C&L, or the Pro-M...could i keep the fenderwell part of my MAC CAI with the C&L, and should i get calibrated for 19 or 24 pounders, which will be better with the 75 dry shot? oh and 65 or 70 mm throttle body?

• Sponsors (?)

Pro-M would be the best as far as performance and drive ability, C&L is cheaper, and can be calibrated with sampling tube changes.(Pro-M must be sent back for calibration if you change injectors ~$100)

Calibration depends on what injectors you have, they must both match(unless you have a custom CPU chip where you can change it electronically)

Fenderwell CAI are somewhat known for their slight issues as far as drive ability is concerned, most tuners will say there isn't any performance gain. I would agree that CAI is mostly cosmetic.

For TB choices I would say 65 unless you plan on going over 400 FWHP, then get the 70.

Never had any trouble with my C&L either. (for that matter, I haven't had any trouble with my Pro-M I have now) Just something that may be a selling point in your case- if you get the complete C&L with the Trueflow inlet, it has a N20 boss right on it. Whichever one you go with, either should work fine with your CIA. If you are serious about adding N20 later, I'd go with the 24#r's to be on the safe side. Can't hurt to have them anyway with that intake. Do you have an adjustable FPR yet? You'll want one of those too.

I had a C&L then i had soem idel problems and just wanted to switch to ProM because if the bad things i hurd about C&L
The ProM made no diffrence though. I did like it better than the C&L for looks quality and how it actuley calibrated.

Darren

My Vote is for C&L, w/ a C&L 76 MM Mass air system (tube & K&N) and a Cobra Intake I picked up 21 RWHP :nice: I have had no Ideling issues, took a few days for the computer to "relearn" the new set up but the ideling got better and it is fine now.

As far as the CAI goes... C&L's website states that you may run into idle problems if there is a 90* bend before the MAF meter. That's one of the reasons you see guys that have their C&L meter rotated 90* clockwise. Just in case anyone with a CAI is having problems. Although, I just went to their site and I can't find where it says that, but I know I read it there. I think this is also why Pro M tells you to specify CAI or not.

I have a stock airbox with a K&N and a 76mm C&L, I have no complaints.

You can get the 76mm C&L with aluminum elbow, new, for $210 on ebay. Not a great price, but not bad either.

yah i know the CAI is mostly for cosmetics, and the cool sucking sound, maybe ill just get a huge 9 in K&N with the C&L, but i do love the polished intake goin into the fenderwell....anyone know if i could polish the intake tube on the C&L or do they sell a polished one?????

They don't sell a polished one to my knowledge. You could polish it, but the outside is pretty coarse so it would take some serious elbow grease and power tools.

Be careful adding an open element cone filter in the engine compartment. It's going to suck hot air and the air wash off of your fan could send mixed signals to your MAF causing more drivability problems. Some people have problems, some don't.

I think youre going to find pro and cons to both. I'm running a Pro M actually a Granatelli and had it caled to my injectors and CAI. The only problem I have is first thing in morning It has a hard time for few seconds and then idles fine from there

Fox Saleen 163 said:
Be careful adding an open element cone filter in the engine compartment. It's going to suck hot air and the air wash off of your fan could send mixed signals to your MAF causing more drivability problems. Some people have problems, some don't.
I didn't, when I had it that way. There is a middle ground between wide open and fenderwell though- some CIA kits, like the MRT have a heat shield that semi-isolates the filter from the engine bay and fan wash. I think UPR makes one too...