C&L Street Intake & Brenspeed Tunes

highvolts

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 1, 2003
Ohio
Well this is kind of a repeat post because there are so many like this. However, I just wanted to give another positive plug to Brent and his Brenspeed staff. Ordered the C&L Street Intake and the SCT 3 tuner with three of his tunes, 87,89, and 93. Ordered it Monday (of this week), It shipped yesterday and I received it today with ground shipping.

The C&L instructions were good. Only thing that I did different than they recommended was to not use the front washer/rubber washer on the valve cover and use a provided screw. Instead, I popped the captured screw out of the assembly so that there was still a cushion there and to further reduce the risk of cracking the tab off the cover.

Like others say... Its a totally different car now. I don't have any numbers to back anything up, but its just amazing. The throttle response is amazing, the delay is gone.

Thanks Brent! (Doubt that you will read this.. lol)

I can snap some pictures if anyone wants...

-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Some Pics:

2474074931_01526befc0.jpg

2474890412_e94ed7c716.jpg

2474074173_551bdb4550.jpg

2474889616_cc5b8a427d.jpg

Yet another satisfied customer:nice: Glad you love the outcome:D
Now how hard is it going to be to keep you out of your car? I parked my 40+ MPG diesel Jetta in Nov '06 and haven't look back:rock:

Yet another satisfied customer:nice: Glad you love the outcome:D
Now how hard is it going to be to keep you out of your car? I parked my 40+ MPG diesel Jetta in Nov '06 and haven't look back:rock:

Well, right now its easy, the roads are soaked and its raining... So not a lot of fun... Amazing results though!

Oh god yes ! Do more hanging gears .. and the throttle response is amazing.. before the tune , I would floor it and it would take like 2 seconds for it to move, now...LOL I floor it and im gone !

I'm on the verge of doing this; I see the 'standard' SCT handheld (did they send the version 3 or the older 2?) comes with 'canned' tunes from SCT on it as well. Were they still in there or were there only the 3 custom tunes avail to you?

Additionally, is the handheld the X3 (left, below) or SF3 (right, below)?

1.jpg

thanks - kf

I'm on the verge of doing this; I see the 'standard' SCT handheld (did they send the version 3 or the older 2?) comes with 'canned' tunes from SCT on it as well. Were they still in there or were there only the 3 custom tunes avail to you?

Additionally, is the handheld the X3 (left, below) or SF3 (right, below)?

thanks - kf

I got the Xcal-3 and mine is the one on the left. And yes, it came with the canned tunes but Brenspeed advised against using them.

Brenspeed rocks!!!!

Just got my Brenspeed tuned Xcal and C&L street intake on my '08 and have nothing but love for Brent now. Yes, the power and throttle response is incredible, but the program he made for the automatic trans is unreal!!!!

I am very picky and sometimes hard to please with car stuff. But Brenspeeds reprogram of the Ford transmission controller is better than I ever could have imagined.

I am recommending them to everyone I meet! :nice:

47b8db29b3127ccea81aba8925d200000016100AbuGTdq2buGJg

Brandon