C&L Trueflow inlet pipe?

DrK MrK iV

Jan 11, 2004
Charlotte
Got a 70mm Throttle Body, C&L plenum, and K@N filter for my 4.6 the other day. Installed them and everythings great. Now I am looking for my next mod that will compliment this setup. I hear that bends before the MAF will hurt performance, and an aftermarket MAF isn't worth my money, which leads me to the Trueflow pipe. How are these things? The way I see it is: Bling under the hood, no bends from the MAF-TB (stock one just looks restrictive). Any reason NOT to get this? It is 150 bucks just about. The way I see it is-Less restrictions means more air with this thing. Any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

if you don't have a plenum & t/b combo i wouldn't get it. you can have more air flow coming into the engine, but if it doesn't have a free path to flow there isn't much point in it. & i say that because you won't see much of a gain from it, without the plenum, t/b combo. the stock inlet pipe isn't that much of a restriction, you would be suprised how smooth the inside of the stocker piece is. if your bored go out there & check it to see what i'm talking about. that's my .02 :nice:

Brisk281GT said:
I was thinking about the 75mm TB, plenum, inlet pipe and MAF from C&L.

Why didn't you go with the 75mm TB? Have you seen a change in performance with the TB and Plenum you do have? :shrug:

Yea, a fair amount actually. 75mm is meant for blower cars... They say it takes a lot of your low end away, but has a nasty top end. The 70mm gives me a good low end and a good midrange (haven't tested top end too much yet). I would save the cash on the MAF because I hear it doesn't do too much. But I :shrug:

DrK MrK iV said:
Yea, a fair amount actually. 75mm is meant for blower cars... They say it takes a lot of your low end away, but has a nasty top end. The 70mm gives me a good low end and a good midrange (haven't tested top end too much yet). I would save the cash on the MAF because I hear it doesn't do too much. But I :shrug:
I feel pretty confident i gained low end with my 75mm t/b and plenum combo.. waiting to finish this year of school so i can go home and dyno to see for sure. :shrug:

-wade

True - the 75mm TB, though only like $10 more, hurts the low end on N/As. That's why I resisted the urge to splurge and stayed with the 70mm. I think the whole setup I've got, C&L MAF, C&L Trueflow tube, and the Accufab TB and plenum are killer and I don't regret any of these pieces! I don't think the MAF is a waste at all. My wife's 01 GT has a C&L 80mm MAF with the rest of the induction stock, and it pulls like crazy in the upper range. But I think I have more throughout the range.