C/m Roll Bar

Gear grabber

May 23, 2016
The roll bar went in the car a few weeks ago. I had the door bars set a little low so it would be easier for the old guy to get in out...and so it would not be on display.
1-1-1020405.jpg

1-1-1020401.jpg

The 2 kickers go through the floor and weld to the sub frame connectors.

1-1-1020410.jpg

1-1-1020416.jpg

Body twist is pretty much gone,body roll is another story.

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I like the color as well...it has seen better days.

Body roll is a issue (street) i have strange S/A rear set at 5,stock rear sway bar.
Wondering if i slow the rebound on left rear if that will help ?

Thanks. I like the color as well...it has seen better days.

Body roll is a issue (street) i have strange S/A rear set at 5,stock rear sway bar.
Wondering if i slow the rebound on left rear if that will help ?

Are you talking about body roll on the street going around corners, or when launching?

Lets say while accelerating.
From a start the tires (28x11.50 QTP) will turn in to 3rd. As long as the tires are churning it stays pretty flat.
Every once in a while i find a patch of pavement that can stick the tires on a 2nd gear stomp,then the body rolls fairly hard to the right.

Lets say while accelerating.
From a start the tires (28x11.50 QTP) will turn in to 3rd. As long as the tires are churning it stays pretty flat.
Every once in a while i find a patch of pavement that can stick the tires on a 2nd gear stomp,then the body rolls fairly hard to the right.

Sounds like a typical foxbody with loose drag suspension. Did you recently purchase this car?? If you aren't going to run it at the track you might want to make some changes.

When i bought the car,the stock suspension was just plain worn out. I changed virtually everything with typical street /strip stuff (will be raced) My concern with body roll,is that it is a traction limiter.(straight line) It is a street car,but single dimensional straight line toy. Cornering is of no concern to me.

When i bought the car,the stock suspension was just plain worn out. I changed virtually everything with typical street /strip stuff (will be raced) My concern with body roll,is that it is a traction limiter.(straight line) It is a street car,but single dimensional straight line toy. Cornering is of no concern to me.

Then this will do what you need. Several companies make them, UPR is the most reasonably priced. Others are Team Z and Maximum Motorsports.

https://lmr.com/item/UPR-2000/79-04-Mustag-Upr-Drag-Race-Anti-Roll-Bar

Well, you can continue to run what you have and deal with the way it behaves... On the street. Look at it this way, You build a car to basically do drag duty, yet you want to street drive it. You aren't happy with it's handling and want to change it... to better suit drag style driving. On the street. You have two options. A: change your suspension and gear it more toward street/sport driving. (This will improve body roll but slightly hurt straight line drag style driving) OR B: Go ahead with the proper equipment needed for drag style driving that is proven so well, it's replicated by several companies and used by practically all drag racers now... It's your call. Pick what you want.

For what it's worth, I've had numerous foxes setup for drag and were miserable to street drive. My latest car is more tuned to sport/road driving and i love it. Corners well, zero body roll.. Doesn't launch like a drag car, but I don't care. I don't drive it that way. It is a good all around street car.

Reactions: 2 users