C-spring install on a Bullit, New struts?

WhiteCobra95

Mod Dude
May 2, 2006
Hi,

A friend of mine has an SN95-2 bullit mustang and want to install the FR C-springs in place of the stock ones. Will the stock struts and shocks work with the C-springs? I looked at the spring rates and they're only marginally stiffer thans stock. He's mainly going for a more lowered look, but I'm concerned that the stock struts might bottom out too easily with the C-springs. Any suggestions or advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

His shocks and struts should be fine, but the C-springs really aren't going to change his stance THAT much. Bullitt's are 1/2" lower than GT's from the factory, and the C's are a mild drop at best, with the rear usually sitting a little higher than the front.

His shocks and struts should be fine, but the C-springs really aren't going to change his stance THAT much. Bullitt's are 1/2" lower than GT's from the factory, and the C's are a mild drop at best, with the rear usually sitting a little higher than the front.

That's exactly what I was thinking - these are very similar springs...

The C springs are 600 lb in the front and 200-300 (variable) in the rear.

The Bullitt springs are 600 lb in the front and 250 in the rear.

He'll get about a half inch of drop in the front, but likely nothing in the back. If he's set on changing springs, I'd go with Eibach Pro kit or Race kit, or H&R springs. Otherwise, IMO, he's wasting his time. Handling won't change and the slight change of the stance of the car will be hard to notice.

Thanks for all of the help. You guys confirmed my thoughts, that the C-springs would be a marginal difference as well. I recently installed them on my '95 and the change was night and day (no more 4x4 look). I think he was basing his decision on my car, which really wasn't a valid comparison. The bullit is a completely different animal since Ford was pretty agressive from the factory and they had the SN95/fox suspension pretty well figured out by that model. I'll pass on your suggestions and see what he wants to do. He's not very mechanical and wants me to help him (= me changing his springs out), so I don't want to go through all of that trouble for no improvment in either looks or handling. Thanks again :)