C-springs and KDWs installed - pics!

stangGT97

Dec 22, 2004
Boston area, MA
Like the title says, I just got my C springs and BFW KDWs, 255/45r17s installed. Springs have poly isolators and no coils cut from them, and the shop was able to get the alignment to within factory specs (~-1.2* camber). I really like how it rides w/ the Bilstein HD shocks/struts, it feels really solid.

I apologize in advance, I'm not too good with a camera

View attachment 455527

View attachment 455529

View attachment 455531

2054e9x.jpg

View attachment 455534

View attachment 455537

View attachment 455539

Thanks for checkin' out my car :SNSign:

Attachments

• 2054e9x.jpg
    2054e9x.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice ride man! It looks good :drool:

But do you really have to take pics everytime you do somethign to you car? :D :jester: hahaha just busting your bawls mang!

Let me know what you think of those tires, I know I sure loved mine :)

exindust said:
Odd... your KDW's have a different looking tread pattern than mine...

Excellent tires though... no problems with traction on the street with 410's track might be a different story.

the traditional tread (what I have) is the only tread available for the two sizes that fit my wheels (245/45 and 255/45). I could have gone with a 255/40 tire, but I think the sidewall would have been too short and it would have looked dumb.

Jason, these tires are the bomb diggity, as are the C springs. The ride quality definitely improved over the crappy cut springs I had before, while at the same time I feel more in control of the car and the cornering is solid. I'm happy with the drop, its pretty much what I was looking for.

Funny story, I get out of the tire shop and drive about 1/2 mile down the road and I start to hear a metal clanking and scraping, so I pull over. The damn cat heatshield completely got pwned and I have no idea how! So I drive back to the place and just ask the guy to take care of it so he pulled it off bare handed. Let me tell you, that thing was demolished from the car being so low before. Oh well, that solved one more rattle my car has had haha.

Outlaw97GT said:
Looks nice man...:nice:

Thanks for ending my debate in my head between the C-springs and the Bullitt springs.

Now I know which ones I want.

cool, glad I could help, and thanks for the compliment! If you want a modest, very functional drop, make sure you keep your isolators in. The 94-98 GTs get dropped more than 99+, probably because of weight differences. Had I kept my isolators off, or removed the metal springs supplied with my extended balljoints, my car would have been way too low and I would be back at square one.

From what I was told by numerous people the
drop would be 1.6" in the front and 1.5" in the
rear.The FRPP "C" springs are also pretty good.
In person did it give your car the rack look with
the "C" springs?