c4 behind a 2.3 turbo

• Sponsors (?)

just wondering the pros and cons of using a c4 with the turbo motor. I know stinger has the adapter plate but what converter and flywheel do i use????? just wonderin

well for 1

you wont miss a gear and blow your motor up

2 I believe youll loose boost between shifts

3 you wont miss a gear lol

Built right you can get a bullit proof tranny .....Im going with a C4 trans in mine:nice:

I've got a C4 behind my 2.3. The adavantage is repeatability, strength, and it is easier on the rest of the drivetrain. The disadvantage is 3500+rpm on the highway because there is no overdrive gear and the transmission sucking a bit of extra power. I think automatics work very well on turbo cars, though manuals are more fun :). If you do get a C4, get a proper torque converter. I'm just running the stock pinto torque converter and it is a bit on the tight side. I can't get full boost off the line very easily because I can't get the rpms up. I'm also in danger of ballooning the converter and hurting a lot more than just the converter itself. The automatic seems to get me down the track quickly, but always seems a few ticks off the trap speed it should have.

thanks for the replies

i have the c-4 in hand. I came across an 81 coupe with a 5.0 and the c4, minus the carb, for 100 bucks. I couldnt pass it up!!!:D Would make a perfect track car. I think imma throw a carb on it with my buddies nitrous plate and run it till it pops :nonono::stupid: then put a mild 2.3 turbo in it with the c4 i was just wondering. Bhuff i know ur car runs pretty good ive watched the videos on it thats what made me think of doin the swap because i knew u had the auto and it works 4 you. anyways thanks for lookin

robbo