C6 Transmission in a 1995?

ThePumpkin

Jan 26, 2009
Missouri
I just came across a really really good deal on a completely built C6 transmission.

Anyone done this swap? I have been told that there is a little bit of custom fabrication in the process, and im just seeing what Im gonna get into before I make any purchases.

Thanks.
_Thomas

• Sponsors (?)

There is a reason you got a deal on that transmission. Those are for 60s Lincoln Town cars. I can't think of too many modern performance cars that use a C6. It's a big heavy transmission that doesn't have overdrive.

Kurt

Yes I realize this, but It holds a LOT of torque, which I need.... AND its really cheap.
by the way, it was manufactured all the way through 1996.. not just the 1960s Lincoln.

I've talked with a few guys who have ran one in a 5.0 fox, but not the SN95 body style. No info there yet.
Thanks.

It should fit with out much modification. Just make sure you don't cut corners on a good converter for it. I just think you will be very unhappy with that transmission. It's going to rob a lot of power.

Kurt

It should fit with out much modification. Just make sure you don't cut corners on a good converter for it. I just think you will be very unhappy with that transmission. It's going to rob a lot of power.

Kurt

Kurt is right. Although the C6 IS a killer trans, it really is heavy duty enough that it should be behind a hot big block. (Or a HUGE 351w with nitrous and a blower.) You should see the inside of one...big, heavy parts that the engine has to spin, just to move the car. It is overkill for even a hot 347. I wouldn't put it in, with a 5.0. It would sap power worse than an AOD-E.

Maybe you can get the C6 and use it as trading fodder for a C4. (If you really are dead set against OD.) But, there IS a reason it's for sale cheap. If you buy it to trade for something else, you may get stuck with it.

I'm sure it will fit and work just fine. You might need a different crossmember. A shorter driveshaft. A different shifter than OE. Maybe a pound here and there with a BFH on the trans tunnel.