c6 Z06...= owned!

Lyncher

Jun 14, 2005
Long story beforewarned, Cliffs at bottom
So after getting my 91 gt i've really just babied it and enjoyed it clothseats, crappy system, cozy and bad milage for what it is I've played around a tiny bit nothing much. In this car the Century mark comes up quite fast, gearing is great i'm just really happy in her.

I work with one of my best friends and his family, who are much like family to me. I used to always share my kills from my bronco and '68 we always talk cars because we all enjoy them. Well i've yet to bring up the power it has I just smile if I am asked if its fast.

My "Uncle"/boss has an 06 z06 hot ride I was a fan of it day one and he knows how much I really love his car. He tells me this weekend his winter tires are going on and he wants me to run him for this weeks pay. I laugh and remind him me doing ALL the finances I got his ass paid last week just not mine. We laugh at our little smack talk and agree to run after my shift. So all day long at work we have been playing around with each other making witty jabs to each other and to our co-workers just hyping it up.

With the back story out of the way, I am on the phone with a lost trucker looking for our warehouse *when I say I do a bit of everything I mean it* My boss walks by points to the clock and I finish helping this guy and we go out side to let our cars warm up.

I sit down once I hit opt temp close my door and shrug my shoulders, my arms sore from helping load 2 trucks today.

We go to a light near by and I reach over my dash and give him the finger...I have still yet to launch this car and did read up a bit figure i'll sandbag the launch or just reel him in. I look over to a smile and wave waiting for the light to cycle I hear the Ls2s revs climb. My pushrod 5.0 the same around 2500 RPM I figure would be a easy launch waiting for cylce to green, I start praying my rear will hold and i'll not suffer too much frame twist.

Green.

Tires spin both cars seem to have launched calmy on the low side not too much nosie just the howl of the 5.0 is all I hear 5.7K rpm I shift into 2nd my NIttos protest and my rear end whines as the tail of the car goes about 3 inches left. I slowly am putting distance on the z06 as Traction seems to settle back on mid 2nd gear. I short shifted again into 3rd about 5500 rpm still a slight bark from the rear rubber. Winding out to the top of 3rd around 90 I stuff my T5 into 4th. In my mirror I see the old mans vette is a few lenghts behind. No this isn't good enough hes still on it I know him hes wanting me to bury my speedo somthing I'm not willing but I am willing to take her a wee bit higher on an empty area of highway. 4th gear I let off at around 120 saw in my rear my boss was up to a few bus lenghts by now. I tap my brake lights and then slow to legal speeds. He does the same and jumps behind me.

After our little run we both pull back to the store He is all smiles my heart is racing, and I have a smile that could break my face. He tells me he loved running me and thinks my car is insane to be safe and enjoy it, then gave me a big touchy feely hug. He also grumbles somthing about calling vortech and his is still comfier. He just wants a rematch

Cliffs:
first run of my 91 gt
me vs boss's z06
fun smack talk
even launch
pulled whole race once traction is made
shut down after few bus lenghts.
props to the ride and more fun smack talk

Both cars are stock.

This story is 100% true and happened about 5 mins ago! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

25thmustang said:
Nope just got in from work, yours was number one on the page, so I read it... Just saw his thread now, interesting stuff. Looks like there are a few variations all over the place of this story!

lol...i guess its either A. Not funny or B. Funny but nobody red the other thread... :D

A stock Vette wiped my ass on the highway the other night. That doesn't say a whole lot since my car is mostly stock and has no highway top end, but still a Z06 is 500hp of ass whoopin. They showed on Top Gear you can take those cars from a dead stop, put them in 6th (or is it 5th?) whatever, put them in last gear from a dead stop and it'll roll all the way out to 185mph like it's nothing.

Lyncher said:
Tires spin both cars seem to have launched calmy on the low side not too much nosie just the howl of the 5.0 is all I hear 5.7K rpm I shift into 2nd my NIttos protest and my rear end whines as the tail of the car goes about 3 inches left. I slowly am putting distance on the z06 as Traction seems to settle back on mid 2nd gear. I short shifted again into 3rd about 5500 rpm still a slight bark from the rear rubber. Winding out to the top of 3rd around 90 I stuff my T5 into 4th. In my mirror I see the old mans vette is a few lenghts behind. No this isn't good enough hes still on it I know him hes wanting me to bury my speedo somthing I'm not willing but I am willing to take her a wee bit higher on an empty area of highway. 4th gear I let off at around 120 saw in my rear my boss was up to a few bus lenghts by now. I tap my brake lights and then slow to legal speeds. He does the same and jumps behind me.

After our little run we both pull back to the store He is all smiles my heart is racing, and I have a smile that could break my face. He tells me he loved running me and thinks my car is insane to be safe and enjoy it, then gave me a big touchy feely hug. He also grumbles somthing about calling vortech and his is still comfier. He just wants a rematch

LOL as soon as i started reading this i felt very used....slightly ashamed for falling for your clever trickery! :rlaugh:

nice one

Really hate to be that guy but the times speak for themselves
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564386

07 Corvette ZO6 with 7.0 LS7 427ci, is basically the C5R race block now produced as the LS7. ( LS2 is only 370ci). It has 550 miles on and with all of 505hp bone stock (some where in the 475rwhp range (averaged, still alot of cars being dynoed to compare)

from what I have learned from this site, I really don't think if you have a 5.0 motor that you will hang with that car unless that owner isn't that good of a driver, bus lengths is hard to take.

if you have those types of mods, I would love to see that 5.0 and shake your hand.