c6 ZO6 vs 03 Cobra Vid

• Sponsors (?)

Low-5.0 said:
Well there's a 500 pound weight difference between them, so I would hope the Z06 would win that one. But damn, that wasn't even close. :(

We know the Cobra had two guys in it. If the Vet had just one guy then the weight difference would be more.

besides

Street Stuff and not all the facts about each car ..............

The Vid is interesting but as for me, it don't mean a lot

Another thing ..............

The Cobra was shifting slower than my Granmaw

From what I saw ... dumping the bud & faster shifting would still not have allowed the Cobra boy to save face :rlaugh:

Grady

cobra was accelerating like it was stock...the driver should be ashamed of himself....he cant launch or shift!! you shouldnt get beat by a mile maybe 5 or 6 cars

Outside of it being a entertaining video, u cant expect much else. Are the cars stock? What mods? What tires? With no details u cant complain about who won and how bad he won by. Depending on how much his buddy weighs, that could be anywhere from 650-750 more lbs than the z06....if not more.

Im with grady, without more info and facts, its meaningless.

that cobra DEFINATELY sounded completely stock down to the exhaust. The guys was shifting like my niece and the car weighs probably 400 pounds more withOUT the guy holding the camera. With the zo6 having close 100 more horse at the wheels, i am not surprised by that at all. If you look at the #'s there is no way that corvette would be that far ahead in a real race. But if you listened you could tell they were both morons. Did you hear the guy in the vette slamming it off the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift. :nonono:

yea the launch from the cobra was terrible, BAD START both times i don't know if he was too busy honkin his good damn horn that he couldn't get ready to take off or what but he got it handed to him... props to the z06 but better driver and it would of been closer but i dunno tough match for both

ProKiller said:
guy at work has one. they are crazy fast.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93629&highlight=wet+sanding
i don't think that cobra was really trying that hard. there was no spin that i saw. the vette tires are crap, that should have spun too. i think it wasn't a real race, vette needed something to keep up with him somewhat to get a video of it.....
OMG...That guy Must have SOOOO much money. Or just know what he's doing. To sand a New paint job would scare the crap outta me

Isn't the new Z06 stock for stock about a full second faster in the 1/4 then the Cobra? And with those LSx motors, he would pull even harder on the top end. Seeee yaaaa. A full second is A LOT when you are in the 11-12 second ranges.

If the Cobra can't dig him out, then he'll never catch him. That was a stock sounding Cobra BTW.

Adam

I like the sound of that cobra especially if it was stock but he didn't seem to get all up on it, but even if he did man that would be one nice car even if it can't beat the LS- whatever engine that Z06 runs. i wanna guess ls2 or ls6. put the 2007 Shelby Cobra GT 500 against that Z06 and see what happens. Is the Z06 have the 427 or is that only a lingenfelter that has the 427

Lol, easy to talk here...

Both launched about the same aggressiveness.

The 03 driver was shifting pretty well...are you wanting milliseconds?

Looked about right.

03 Cobra traps about 112mph stock...new z06's are 125mph or so.

They both launched with the stock tires it appears due to their launch rpm and slippage. The tires will not spin on either on your average pavement. They are set-up like that from the factory. You can't do a 7k launch on those tires...think about it.

xcmyers - You would see the zo6 stay right with him...sorry:) And for much less price...than the GT500.

SeventyMach1 said:
Ummm .... $40K < $75K ... and the GT500 is supposed to be "under" $40K. :shrug:

I like to compare with a better comparison. Gt40 vs. the new zo6. Much closer in every category of performance:) Difference in price is quite the contrast...

There is more to it that just "straight-line"...