Cabin Air Filter Install

Document Install?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigcat

start with the upper hole, and if more traction is
May 1, 2005
7200 feet
I dont remember if I posted a how to of the CAF when I did it about 2 years ago. I am ready to do it again. Anyone interested in me documenting the process?

It is just 2 screw type retaining clips, then pull up on cowl cover, then reach in and grab the filter housing, replace filter and reverse.

• Sponsors (?)

I said no simply because there are others out there (first link on a google search), and that it's a 30 second install that I could teach my 4 year old nephew to do.

You're write ups are some of the best, bigcat, so if you feel like sapping a few photos, I guess why not.
Dan

I said no simply because there are others out there (first link on a google search), and that it's a 30 second install that I could teach my 4 year old nephew to do.

there are others for about everything. i am definitely not the first to do most mods or write ups. :)

You're write ups are some of the best, bigcat, so if you feel like sapping a few photos, I guess why not.
Dan

thanks for the props. feedback is always appreciated. :cheers:

I think only Motorcraft makes them.

nope, bosch and air qualitee or qualitee air (dont remember which) also sell them aftermarket.

i just finished up the install. man i hate living in the windiest state in the country. nothing but dirt in my engine bay. my CAI filter is nasty. :(

cabin air filter though was not as bad as i thought, but still needed a replacement. i will work on the write up over the next few days as i get time and will post it up for everyone to review and smack talk about the dirt in my engine bay. :)

nope, bosch and air qualitee or qualitee air (dont remember which) also sell them aftermarket.

i just finished up the install. man i hate living in the windiest state in the country. nothing but dirt in my engine bay. my CAI filter is nasty. :(

cabin air filter though was not as bad as i thought, but still needed a replacement. i will work on the write up over the next few days as i get time and will post it up for everyone to review and smack talk about the dirt in my engine bay. :)

Wix also makes one, but it may just be re-badged.
Dan

we have decided to use DiMoras write up for our starting point, slightly altering the text. no need to reinvent the wheel when he already posted a great write up. :)