Cage pics?

LUCAFU1

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2001
Tucson
Im looking for some caged classic mustangs. I hope to be running sub 9.99 and I wanna see some cages. I dont know of any company that makes a cage for my 66 so Im sure it will have to be a custom job. Any pics or info would be appreciated.

Luis

• Sponsors (?)

Competition Engineering makes kits.

Lots of work required to make them fit nicely.

Heres mine:

attachment.php

attachment.php

67coupe, where does the rear bar that goes out back by the rear window mount? Nevermind I just saw the picture of your trunk in the other thread. Thanks anyways.

Just remember, it takes alot more than just a cage to run 9.99 and quicker....
certified chassis, chute, competition license, etc...

67coupe, you DO know that side bar wont be legal on the strip, right?

Nothing beats a custom cage, mine tucks up so tight in the car that you really dont see it from the side, except the main hoop, which will be behind the 1/4 window chrome, and the bars going into the trunk..
http://members.cox.net/cappntripps31/68tires.jpg
you can barely see the roof bars, and only see the bar comming down the A-pillar on the passenger side because of the angle..

Dark Knight said:
Just remember, it takes alot more than just a cage to run 9.99 and quicker....
certified chassis, chute, competition license, etc...

67coupe, you DO know that side bar wont be legal on the strip, right?

Nothing beats a custom cage, mine tucks up so tight in the car that you really dont see it from the side, except the main hoop, which will be behind the 1/4 window chrome, and the bars going into the trunk..
http://members.cox.net/cappntripps31/68tires.jpg
you can barely see the roof bars, and only see the bar comming down the A-pillar on the passenger side because of the angle..

Yes I pretty much know most of the stuff I need, I still need to by the book to make sure I have everything. Cage is the first thing though.
I thought you dont need a chute till you trap at 150. I know the 135mph rule that says you need to be in compliance w/ 9.99.

BTW what did you do to the rear? Those fattys look so good tucked:nice: