CAI for the 2010??

Sa-When

Mar 4, 2007
I know it has one from the factory,But do you guys think a Steeda or Frick from K&N would help this thing out a little? Is the 09 the same one? and will it have to be tuned?? My last new mustang was in 04 just playing catch up.Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

purely opinion but heres my .02

the "cold air intake" that come on the '10 gt is nothing more than the same non cold air intake from an 09 with a snowflake on it:rolleyes: so any open element kit would be a great improvement over stock now to get the most out of any kit a good tune will help most canned tunes for intakes and exhaust are spot on anything crazier than that go to a dyno

Im getting my cai installed today....a cdc shaker...lol.

I hope to do some modification to a 2009 CAI with a different MAF and use it in conjunction with the CDC shaker. However, I do not know if the same canned tunes for a tuner will carry over to 2010. Some say yes, others say I dont know, but i have yet to hear a definitive NO.

When I talked to Steeda they told me everything is different?? Might be trying to make more money in these trying times who knows,I do know that every part I ever got from steeda has been great.
The last new stang I had was my 04 cobra so I am needing to learn the 3V and what makes them tick [go fast] Please keep me updates on how the CDC shaker works..Thanks guys