CAI is installed... got a Q

03silverstang

Jun 2, 2004
There is a small rubber thing coming out of the pipe attached to the throttle body. is this suppose to stay the way it is or is it supposed to be plugged? pic below

Attachments

• ggdgdgdgdfgdfgdg.jpg
    ggdgdgdgdfgdfgdg.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 129
  • Sponsors (?)

isn't that where the IAT sensor goes in, I have a pre99 so I can't tell you for sure, but the hose from the PVC goes in one, and that one I believe is for the IAT. the one plugged into the stock intake where did you put that??

yeah my year doesnt have the IAT sensor. atleast thats what i heard. can anyone confirm that for me? I put a plug in it for now it seems to run better with the plug than without it. get back to me. thank you all :hail2:

your IAT Sensor is built into your MAF. I just took out the plug and put a piece of duct tape over it, wrote Type R in a black marker and it added 3 hp more or less, but hten i realized that if I replaced it with RED duct tape that would give me an idditonal 2 hp...with a blue R that gave me another, then I put a breather filter in there and the extra air in the pipes gave me 10 MORE HORSEPOWER!!!! :rlaugh:

nah dude you have no purpose for that. tape it over or put a breather filter in it, but dont leave it open, because if something gets in your pipe like that goes into your pison you're f'd big time, and say bye bye to your warranty.