CAI, which is better?

Jugg2Driver said:
Ok, so Plenum, CAI, or MAF :shrug:

now you added plenum to the picture.. between CAI and MAF it's the MAF. Between the Plenum and MAF well.. that's your decision. but i suggest you get a TB with your plenum. So i guess this mean you'll be getting the MAF.

• Sponsors (?)

Well really I was just trying opinions. And I have been listening thats why I continue to ask. Majority have said not to bother with a CAI, but to get a MAF, then I get told not to both with a MAF and get a CAI if I'm to do anything. Then the Plenum is thrown in as another alternative. I have stated earlier that I am a newbie and that my knowlege is limited. That is why I asked. I'm begining to regret that I ever asked. At this point all I think I'm gonna do is just buy a filter and be done with it. I've not been able to get a truly consistant answer. The only thing that seems consistant is not to bother with a CAI cept for looks. So I'm not gonna waste my money or time. But like I stated earlier I've been told to get a MAF and a Plenum, so I asked which is better. Thats all! Sorry I bothered to ask!

Jugg2Driver said:
Ok, I'm getting mixed messages here, I'm told not to get the CAI because it won't yeild high gains but to get a MAF and filter and that will do more. Now I'm being told not to bother with a MAF because its not worth it. Im no mechanic and I'm a newbie, all I'm after is a simple bolt-on mod that will get modest gains (not looking to do more than sqeeze a little more out of a daily driver) Lots are telling me to get gears, but I don't won't to (atleast not right now) So what should I do? MAF or CAI?

Matt

Do you have any other bolt on's? How about the Steeda pulleys and timing adjuster? Or exhaust? :shrug:

i have a MAC CAI and T/B but i should have gone with the P&P upper intake plenuim and drop in K&N... i would rather do K&N and pullies and buy a intake spacer that should be about 175-180 and you still maybe could find a T/B for like 90-120

just some guy said:
it is really sad that a cold air intake thread has 36 replies...next will be the, where to get decals that add the most horsepower....gees

Agreed, guys that really know won't post in a thread where anything is endorsed...

Jugg2Driver said:
No, nothing right now. All I was looking for was a good place to start to build up from. I plan to replace the entire intake but not all in one sweep.
Well you can start with pulleys and timing adjuster, or maybe just a midpipe first before a full catback...I say spend your money in things that are actually useful. :D

The only performance mods you'll need if staying N/A are
-Gears
-Full exhaust
-Shifter
-some suspension work
-Pullies
-T/A or dyno tune
-plenum and TB
-Free flowing air filter (drop in K&N) and trimmed or removed silencer
-DR's if you want to race!

This is a baseline. If you are missing somethings in this list don't think about anything else until this is complete!

hey jugg2driver, i didn't read the rest of these guys responses, but if anyone told you not to buy a CAI, dont listen to them, they're probably stupid. I run a densecharger full length system on my car, i feel a gain. Anything is better than stock. Trust me on this one man.

Great, he has a new login

01DHGBULLITT said:
hey jugg2driver, i didn't read the rest of these guys responses, but if anyone told you not to buy a CAI, dont listen to them, they're probably stupid. I run a densecharger full length system on my car, i feel a gain. Anything is better than stock. Trust me on this one man.

Yes, we all know how you feel about the Densecharger :rolleyes:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=399133

This will be easy. Go to the track after you spend a couple of hudred+ $ on any CAI. make a run. remove the CAI and install the stock parts and go again.
You figure it out. Did you really feel the difference? If it is a tenth, is that something you can feel?
I was the same when I added my CAI. Then disappointed at the track.

The MAC made no difference on the dyno, even with the eaton supercharger. Piece of crap. It looks good that's all. And, yes, the supercharger is louder.
After driving, the Mac is hot like the engine, heats up the air like crazy.
I'd call it a hot air intake...