Cai

new to the post and a owner of the 05 Mustang v-6--standard trans--have been reading some prev. posts---curious to know what a CAI is
Thx in advance
Mcattk

Also does anybody know how cerdible this 'turbonator' product being advertised is?

does anybody have any experience with the turbonator claims
again
TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Hey MCATTK64,

Welcome to the V6 forums! CAI stands for "Cold Air Intake" as in what is in the tube that is in front of your throttle body on your engine that can be home made but is usually picked up from the aftermarket. This is something that a lot of modders are doing to increase air flow into their engine to create more horsepower. The old saying goes "more air in; more power out"! By making a larger smoother route of air into the engine and then creating a large (usually) and smooth route for the exhaust gases to exit you can create more power than what the engine came with from the factory. The same principle applies to using superchargers, nitrous, turbos etc.

About the turbonator thing, I don't know what that is.

Anyways, welcome to the site!

@ MCMustang,

I have decided to wait until next year to put everything on. I am going to have to "stable" her for the winter, and I am just having so much fun driving her around stock! Man, with the rear sway bar and the 17" tires, she handles so well it is crazy! I have to stop racing down the back roads here in VA at night before I get antlers in my grill!! And since she's a stick, I can pretty much make her scream as is. And then when I put on the mods, I should be able to feel a dramatic difference. I plan on putting everything on at once, though.