Calling all Engine Techs !!!!!

XxEdgeFactorxX

Nov 10, 2002
Hey guys i have a Serious problem im tryign to get my stang on the road and it seems liek i keep running into probs. I have a 88 5.0 Gt 302 motor now i have a rebuilt T-5 , And 3.73 gears i think. Now i took my car to a good friend and he knows what he's doing. He told me that my car has a engine knock so he drained the oil and metal chips are everywhere and that he reccomends i need a new motor. Now what I wanna do is go for a sick motor, Can you guys give me a good setup with all the parts i need or I should upgrade too ? I dont know jack **** but i fig since i need a new motor i mind as well go for some more power,. But if there are any other solutions then please feel free to leave them I just want A Powerful motor that will move my car and still be a daily driver. Thanks !

• Sponsors (?)

i think ZA meant a "stroker" kit, although he is kinda right with the typo. you may be able to re-hone the bores and renew the top end while you are in there, and be good to go, for less money.

good luck.

I say start with a D.S.S. shortblock, can't lose with that one! or a longblock even. but yeah, a D.S.S. bullet with some explorer heads and an edelbrock intake will do ya fine! oh yeah get an E cam too! personally, i prefer an F cam....

thanks for the replys....... it seems thoes short blocks cost alot , and thne id have to get new heads intake etc.. and then id have to get a new tranny and clutch and other fuel crap ...... I was lookign at the Ford Racing GT-40 5.0 345HP Crate motor and its 3,000 and it seems like Id be better off with that and cheapest cuz i dotn know what to get after i get a shortblock Im clueless when it comes to building a motor.......

How many miles are on the engine? Did you do a compression check? If you have to just, learn how to rebuild it yourself. Take the block and have it hot tanked and bored 30 over. $150 buck maybe, then rebuild it yourself.