Calling all S.C.U.M's

• Sponsors (?)

One of these days I'll make it to another one of your meets. Unfortunately my car is out of service right now. A leaky timing cover gasket is turning into a cam swap so I have to wait for my custom cam to be done. Showing up in my little daily driver Mazda would not be impressive!

LTDScott said:
One of these days I'll make it to another one of your meets. Unfortunately my car is out of service right now. A leaky timing cover gasket is turning into a cam swap so I have to wait for my custom cam to be done. Showing up in my little daily driver Mazda would not be impressive!

I showed up many times in an 89 Buick Century :rlaugh:

The next time you guys go I wanna meet up with everyone. I know Fred, but I don't think I've met the rest of you. I am going up to Barona this Sunday to see if I can get my junk to make a clean pass up there. I tried to run at the Q on Friday, but I kept smoking the tires on the top end of the track. It always seems to be a little slippery down there lately.
Later
Doug

Doug W. said:
The next time you guys go I wanna meet up with everyone. I know Fred, but I don't think I've met the rest of you. I am going up to Barona this Sunday to see if I can get my junk to make a clean pass up there. I tried to run at the Q on Friday, but I kept smoking the tires on the top end of the track. It always seems to be a little slippery down there lately.
Later
Doug
that sounds good Doug, you may be slipping though because of the ricers dropping random substances all over the place. We are thinking of getting a cruise together here pretty soon so stay tuned. :rolleyes:

Doug W. said:
I tried to run at the Q on Friday, but I kept smoking the tires on the top end of the track. It always seems to be a little slippery down there lately.
Later
Doug

Dang! If your smokin em on the top end of the track you must have a hell of a time getting out of the hole!
The traction sucks there.
That must be a beast of a Stang.
Just look for our S.C.U.M. posts to hook up with us some time.

Doug W. said:
Later
Doug

Doug W. hmm thats not the "cone car" is it LOL. You posting over here now Doug. You still have those rockers? Patrick will have to go get those soon.
Hows things at the shop? Just wondering.

Oh yeah j/k on the "cone car" thing that is one bad ass car :)

3coupes.jpg

L8 MUSL said:
Dang! If your smokin em on the top end of the track you must have a hell of a time getting out of the hole!
The traction sucks there.
That must be a beast of a Stang.
Just look for our S.C.U.M. posts to hook up with us some time.

Actually, the sixty foot isn't bad. I usually run high 1.4's at the Q. I'm just having a problem at anything above 7000rpm in second gear. I don't know if its an aerodynamic thing or what. I think I can get it in the 5's at Barona.

86/92stang said:
Doug W. hmm thats not the "cone car" is it LOL. You posting over here now Doug. You still have those rockers? Patrick will have to go get those soon.
Hows things at the shop? Just wondering.
Oh yeah j/k on the "cone car" thing that is one bad ass car :)

3coupes.jpg

I was a member over here a couple of years ago, but I forgot my username and password, so I had to start over.
Remind me to kick ya in the nutts the next time I see ya :mad: . That damn cone appeared in my truck the other day and nobody wants to admit where it came from.
I've still got the rockers, you can come over whenever you want them.

BTW....my car is the Blue one. The pic is from Fun Ford Weekend Fontana.

86/92stang said:
Hey Doug were going to California Speedway in March.

Want to see how your car will do on the road race course, lol.

All I'd have to do is swap the springs, struts, wheels, and install the sway bars. You may outcorner me, but there would be hell to pay on the straight aways :eek:

Doug W. said:
All I'd have to do is swap the springs, struts, wheels, and install the sway bars. You may outcorner me, but there would be hell to pay on the straight aways :eek:

LOL im sure there would be. That would be a great sight. Dont know if youve ever seen it but they use almost half the nascar track for the course.

Holy Crap whats that blue streak passing me.