Caltracs or SSM's?

I might be getting a set of SSM lift bars for my II in a couple of weeks (I say "might" because I've been waiting 5 months). I've also heard good things about Caltracs, and I'm considering ordering a set and modifying them to work with my rear suspension. Which would you recommend for a 10 second manual car? I would go with a 4 link coilover setup, but money will be tight.

• Sponsors (?)

blue66tang said:
What are the ssm's?
SSM Lift Bars.
ssminstalled.jpg

Attachments

• ssminstalled.jpg
    ssminstalled.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 98
brianj5600 said:
When I had my II, I did not run any bars. I did have 28x9 et drags on it though. No spin, no hop. I did blow the caps off an 8in though. What are you trying to fix?
Hop. And I don't want the rear end to squat. It's not a 10 second car yet, I'm building a 408 right now that should get it into the 10's.

ssm

I've got SSM's right now. I've heard good things about Caltracs, too. But i'm not going to get rid of my bars till I have problems with them. I've got all the traction I needed when I had my car at the track last time. I've got landrum springs and the bars. I couldn't even do a burnout with drag radials without water. I saw my car stall to 4300 when I have a 3000-3500!!! The car does not lack in hp either. The car will not squat. I can even feel it lift a little even with these stiff springs.

blue66stang I got them for $125 before summit stopped carrying them. Brianj,I'm a horrible representative for those bars. I went once to Carlsbad and ran horribly. I almost burned valves I was running so lean. The plan was the run once on motor, then once on nitrous, then once on nitrous from the line. I ran and got a 2.07 on 'RIKKEN" street tires. But they are bad with drag radials. Then my hood ripped off on the first nitrous run. I just had too much hp. :rlaugh: Actually my hood locks I had let go at about 80-85mph. I ran a 14.6 @ 22. But when the tracks open back up here in Clearwater,FL, I can damn near guarantee 1.5-1.7 60 ft. with the way these things hook. They are adjustable, Too!!!

i remember that day.... i had to let you borrow my driver side door because you didn't have a window in yours. :rlaugh:

ohhh! and you had all your extra parts in your back seat. heads and old tranny :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

i got your hood flying up on the video too! :rlaugh: :banana:

that's so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: