Cam Help !!!!

93cobra12

Nov 21, 2003
Seatte, WA
Ok guys i got a 331 sportsman block with a main girdle forged internals set for a 8.8 compression with a v2-sq trim set for 12 psi as of right now... I need a good blower cam and I called up Comp Cam and they gave me these specs for the right cam for my car, but its an off the shelf cam..

part # NX274HR-14 specs 224/236 .555/.570 114

This is going to be a daily driver car, but a track car as well.. Anderson said that his B31 cam is perfect for my car, so i dont know what to do??? I talked to my engine builders and they said to go with anderson cams, but i want know other opinions before i buy the cam and install it... Let me knoww what you guys think or what you guys would do..

Also i have 185 AFR heads with upgraded springs to help prevent valvle float, bbk long tube headers, stock computer with 373 gears... If you guys need more info then let me know.. Thank you and hope yall have a nice a holiday !!!

• Sponsors (?)

Quite a set up you've got there with lots of breathing potential. I personally think the cam's the most important choice you've got to make. I'd hook up with Ed or Buddy and let them help you with it. Off the top of my head, with the blower and the 185's I don't think it will take near as much duration to get amazing results - the cam won't have to do the work; the blower and the heads will do it.

Don't guess at it - get a pro to help you select or design the right one for your needs and components.

Michael Yount said:
Quite a set up you've got there with lots of breathing potential. I personally think the cam's the most important choice you've got to make. I'd hook up with Ed or Buddy and let them help you with it. Off the top of my head, with the blower and the 185's I don't think it will take near as much duration to get amazing results - the cam won't have to do the work; the blower and the heads will do it.

Don't guess at it - get a pro to help you select or design the right one for your needs and components.

:hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :nice: