Cam/Lifter trouble HELP!

SetofAces

Jan 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
I'm in the middle of an h/c/i swap on my '89 5.0 (w/ transplanted non-HO roller 5.0 motor), everything is disassembled EXCEPT for one lifter (intake on cylinder 6) is stuck; I can get it to move freely in what looks like its normal range, but I can't get it to come out using moderate pressure and I'm wondering how much harder I should try. The motor had decent compression and so I'm guessing not too many miles (no idea I bought the car with this motor in it) so I'm planning on reusing the lifters. I figured I'd just leave it where it was stuck, but the cam isn't coming out too easily (I'm not sure if it's hitting that lifter or not); I've never done this before, so maybe I'm just not pulling on the cam hard enough, I really don't know, I just don't want to damage anything.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance . . .

• Sponsors (?)

OK, so I found some engine assembly lube, got the stuck lifter out w/ wd-40, and got the new cam in . . . I guess I've earned my car, because I've literally got my blood and sweat into it; somehow I sliced open my thumb when I was putting in the cam, so now it has some blood stains on it