Cam options

95Mustang302

Mar 30, 2005
Ok, so my current setup is in my signature, and I'll be adding 373's this winter. I currently run the tfs stage 1 cam and netted 278/308 at the wheels.

Now, if I went to ed curtis and had him cut a new cam, what kinds of gains could I see, would it be worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

Grn92LX said:
Why are your numbers so low? I did 304hp/339tq with that combo about 5 years ago.

There could be many many reasons why his dyno numbers are diff. than yours. What matters is how it goes down the track.

95Mustang302, you would probably benefit more in the midrange than at peak from a custom cam, and could probably pull some more peak power out of it.

How about some details on the tune :D

mechanical method by dizzy twist/fuel pressure change :shrug:
or
pcm changes by self tuning/pro chip :shrug:

How about a pull showing data like hp, tq, fuel ratio :nice:

Lets look at the easy stuff before tearing the motor apart ;)

Grady

Nagash01WS6 said:
There could be many many reasons why his dyno numbers are diff. than yours. What matters is how it goes down the track.

I know, i'm well aware of that. I'm FAR from a rookie :)

He posted about dyno numbers, so I posted what I did 5 years ago.

You are correct, in that the track matters more.

And FAR from an expert...haha.

The time frame something was done with the same combo doesn't mean anything.

It is possibly an AODE, and the tune could be off as Grady stated...

Custom cams are great in that most of the time, you get what you are looking for and for not that much more than your average aftermarket cam. Sell that TFS1 cam because every little bit helps, especially if you are poor like me:D

sorry, here's a copy of the dyno sheet from my dyno back in july.

It was an actual tune in the PCM, and the car still has idle issues on the start...

Attachments

• post-76-1152311536.jpg
    post-76-1152311536.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 64
ok, so i'm still running a t-5, 12* timing at the dist, 38 psi fuel pres line off, the tune was done by a prof, it seems as though its a REALLY conservative tune, which is ok, but i'm just wondering where I can squeeze out more power, i was running flows and they rusted out so my new exhaust is magnapacks, and i'm also still stock on the tb

95Mustang302 said:
ok, so i'm still running a t-5, 12* timing at the dist, 38 psi fuel pres line off, the tune was done by a prof, it seems as though its a REALLY conservative tune, which is ok, but i'm just wondering where I can squeeze out more power, i was running flows and they rusted out so my new exhaust is magnapacks, and i'm also still stock on the tb

Good to know about the t5 :)

Did he make several pulls :shrug:

If so ... did the numbers grow as he changed the tune :shrug:

Was the dizzy at 12 when he did his thing :shrug:

With your mods, you are now moving a good bit of additional airflow.
A larger tb would give you a gain for sure :nice:

Grady