cam suggestions for 347

Sonicaceman

Sep 28, 2004
what would the best cam probably be for a my 347 stroker

roush 200 heads
70mm tb, gt-40 intake, fenderwell cai
msd 6a, 24lb injectors, 76 mm maf
electric fan, 1.6rr, custom sct chip(reburnable)
ford performance coil, t-5 superduty tranny
3.73 gears, 5 spd, mac long tube headers
full 2.5" mac exhaust with h-pipe w/high flow cats
edelbrock high flow water pump, 3 core radiator

tell me if i forgot anything important thinking my cam is not right
HERE IS MY CURRENT CAM SHEET

• Sponsors (?)

Well i wouldn't say i'm really qualified to give advice on cams for a 347 since this is my first 347...BUT, the Anderson N-91 cam i'm using seems to be kicking ass. Even despite their recommendation for 4.10-4.30 gears (i have 3.73) and poor drivability under 2500RPM, it's not at all hard to drive and pulls hard as hell. I would say ultimately you can't go wrong with a custom cam though, but if you plan on getting different heads or porting them, then i'd wait on the custom cam until you're done changing parts around.

cam

all good ideas. i'm probably going to go with a custom cam because next time the motor comes out or it's torn down will be the last for sure. i'm really leaning toward those new trick flow fast as cast heads, they seem like they would work perfect with my stroker and a good custom cam to go along with it. and i'm debating on a new intake, not sure if the gt-40 i have with a ported lower would match up good. all this of course is pending what happens later this year when i redyno it with the rebuilt rearend and a fixed ignition.

cam

i have an anderson cam in the car now, problem is it's a ten year old out of date cam. another problem is it's a cam for a 302 that has a power band of 2500-6000, it's not very effective with what i have now. the specs are in the first post i made. i am thinking about an anderson, or maybe a comp cams, a custom cam would be best since i don't plan on changing this setup if i do this next year.

For what it's worth, the guy who tuned my car couldn't say enough good things about the N-91. He said that cam and the Trickflow Stage 2 are his favorite off the shelf cams.