Engine Cam Suggestions

I am currently rebuilding my stock block 88 GT. Need different camshaft, I was running the trick flow stage one which I liked but found way tamer than I thought. I dont want nothing radical but for the lift and dur. the TF #1 was again very docile.

My basic combo is stock block and crank, eagle rods, forged pistons (roughly 10:1), AFR 165 heads, performer intake, 24#'rs, c&l 73mm maf, long tubes..... is that about all that matters??

Dyno'd 300hp 330ftlbs before i got selfish with the gas :(

Thank you guys for any input

• Sponsors (?)

I am currently rebuilding my stock block 88 GT. Need different camshaft, I was running the trick flow stage one which I liked but found way tamer than I thought. I dont want nothing radical but for the lift and dur. the TF #1 was again very docile.

My basic combo is stock block and crank, eagle rods, forged pistons (roughly 10:1), AFR 165 heads, performer intake, 24#'rs, c&l 73mm maf, long tubes..... is that about all that matters??

Dyno'd 300hp 330ftlbs before i got selfish with the gas :(

Thank you guys for any input
Oh yeah I guess it's also important I mention it's a T5 (still) w/3.73 rear.
I'm considering the TFS #2 cam as I like the way the #1 ran just needs more..haha

I always recommend a custom hyd roller over an off the shelf brand. Contact someone like Ed Curtis at FlowTechInductions.com. A custom grind costs only a little more (about 50$). They tend to produce the most power and offer better driveability. They will match your cam to the entire package. Best option IMHO

X2 for a custom cam. You can also try Bullet Racing Cams and Cam Motion Custom Cams. I am currently using a Bullet core that my buddy speced out. I've also ran cam motion and comp custom grinds in the past with great results.

i have a comp xe274hr with my 331,seems good to me?...but you guys are making me think about how much better a custom grind will be?!....

Thanks guys I guess custom grind it is!! I have heard of Ed Curtis I suppose in magazines. So you guys are saying $50 extra? So roughly $300 I'm guessing?

Its a little more than $300. Mine just arrived Friday from Ed...$404 with shipping. Now all I need is his $299 spring kit to finish things off. LOL.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user