Camaro ss vs. Mach 1 vs GT

Gearbanger 101 said:
Those stats are fine, but if the posters car is the one thats in his avatar, he's driving a Convertible....which is considerably heavier and less rigid than a standard GT. That's going to work against him as well.

Yeah they tip the scale around 3500lbs.....3477 to be exact:)

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry if i sounded biass with that chevy comment, i personally like camaros but would much rather take a mustang over any camaro cuz thats just who i am and thats what i prefer. I'm hoping that i can get my LT's in about two weeks or so. I haven't even gotten to upper intake part of my car so after all that is done, i'm hoping i can hit that 300rwhp mark, and then i'll beat that ss from any roll!! :D

i dont know what the ss will put down but they run low 13's stock. with his mods he might be pushing 13 flat

the mach is NOT is making 295rwhp with a mid pipe, cai and catback.

that being said and with the machs mods he can most likley pull a 13.3

i think at this point you will be bring up the rear as well. you need the l/t.

with the long tubes you will be able to take out the mach. add the plenum/tb and some weight reduction and you might have a shot at the lightly modded ss.

*when i was at 275 rwhp with my cams, i raced a ls1 z-28 that had cams and headers. of course he had the smaller mods too. from a slow roll he pulled me by 5 cars quickly!:eek:

ADRENLN said:
i dont know what the ss will put down but they run low 13's stock. with his mods he might be pushing 13 flat

the mach is NOT is making 295rwhp with a mid pipe, cai and catback.

that being said and with the machs mods he can most likley pull a 13.3

i think at this point you will be bring up the rear as well. you need the l/t.

with the long tubes you will be able to take out the mach. add the plenum/tb and some weight reduction and you might have a shot at the lightly modded ss.

*when i was at 275 rwhp with my cams, i raced a ls1 z-28 that had cams and headers. of course he had the smaller mods too. from a slow roll he pulled me by 5 cars quickly!:eek:

Mach 1's have put down more than 300rwhp with a mid pipe alone... add a catback and cai and i dont see why it cant hit 295rwhp... and mach 1 bone stock went 13.1 ...

BLUE03GT said:
Mach 1's have put down more than 300rwhp with a mid pipe alone... add a catback and cai and i dont see why it cant hit 295rwhp... and mach 1 bone stock went 13.1 ...

Yep, Mine stock with a K&N and 1500 miles put down 280/306. With those compoents and a good tune 300 easy. Actually a good tune will put you in the 290 range with many 5 speeds from the factory pushing 285 top. I haven't seen to many 5 speeds dyno below 275 stock it all depends on which tune Ford gave you.

03GTconv said:
Yeah they tip the scale around 3500lbs.....3477 to be exact:)
I'd bet he's even heavier than that. I'm seeing some sort of body kit, a light bar and at least 18" wheels and tires in that pic....with god knows what else. I'd be tempted to add at least another 100lbs to that figure.

Ls1 powns all

down were im at ill never have a chance at being the fastest unless i make a street legal dragster lol. Weve got a lingenfelter corvette down were i am so i dont even think twin turbos would beat him.

im talking averages here. of course there are going to be the fastest and very slow ones or drivers, but the average mach dont run the 1/4 in 13.1.....maybe with some sticky tires.:shrug:

either way untill the headers, plenum are done you will come up short.

btw thats good #'s ttown! for a stocker

helty said:
Out of curiosity, how many of you have actually ridden in or driven a cammed GT? They may only put down 285-300, but they pull like a mother.

Its gonna come down to the drivers. If you had LT's and 4.10s Id put my money on you over the Mach all day, and probably call it a toss up against the El Es Juan. As your car is now, its gonna be close with the Mach and the Camaro will probably get you.
True dat. They will all be good races and I would like both stangs to smoke that SS. A cammed gt is an impressive car with a good tune and with a full exhaust can run high 12's. I also know it cost's way more to mod a late model camaro(having to pull the engine for about every bolt on) than a stang, but the SS's are just fast-stock.:nice:

I wish I knew somebody with a cammed PI GT, that's what I wanted to do with my '02 GT but I said f it, it'd be more worthwhile to just trade for an '04 4V Mach. That being said all these cars seem pretty close powewise I think it comes down to who gets the power down to the pavement the best and driver ability. I know now with this weather pretty much 1st, 2nd, and 3rd under WOT can be dicey like driven on banana peels.

i say race and have fun and keep it safe

oh and ive beaten a ls1 ws6 back when i just had my borlas on. And yes he did miss a gear thats how i walked by cause he was pullin pretty darn hard. lol But hey "it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning"

i beat and LS1 also, so you have a pretty good shot...

oh yea, and 20 minutes later there was a flat bed there and i was giving my friend who owns the LS1 a ride as his clutch was stuck to the floor...... :rlaugh:

ill never race him again just talk **** that i beat him the one time we did :nice:

04GTMustang said:
i say race and have fun and keep it safe

oh and ive beaten a ls1 ws6 back when i just had my borlas on. And yes he did miss a gear thats how i walked by cause he was pullin pretty darn hard. lol But hey "it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning"
Actually Vin....you beat the driver, not the car. ;)