Cammed bolt on Fox vs Cammed LT1 who wins?

StarFox07

Jun 10, 2005
Texas
Ok me and my friend now both have cammed 5 speed coupes with simaler mods (e-cam, subframes, cai, 3.73's, his has headers, both with catless exhuast) and this toolbag with a 6 speed LT1 camaro with supposedly a cam thinks he will kill both of us. How well do LT1's respond to mods like that?

• Sponsors (?)

No one ever does "just" a cam. I was just reading a post on an LT1 forum where a guy put down 360ish whp on a 6-speed LT1 with cam, long-tubes, most of the boltons and an exhaust cutout. Stock bottom end, heads, no power adders, nothing. A bolt-on 5.0 is kinda out of its league.

i dont know if its going to be as BAD as you all say. An LT1 with just a cam is probably putting down 300fwhp. Stock is 285fwhp! Camaro's have crazy long gears and will be heavier than a notch by 100-200 pounds. A notch with full exhaust, cam, and 3.73's might stand a chance from a dig...but from a roll you will loose! Driver's race! I say go for...what do you have to loose?!

The average fox should be middle 14s. The average LT1 high 13s. Throw the bolt ons on the fox (the cam is not helping anything, sorry to break the news to you guys) and we have a low 14s maybe high 13s car. Toss the cam in the LT1 (cams help stock LT1s a lot more than a stock fox with an E cam.) and who knows what other bolt ons it has and you have a mid 13s car. The LT1 should walk away no matter what the race, stoplight or role.

in my 93 cobra with cai, 3.73s, FMS headers, MAC pro chambers + catback, I have soldily beat several 350 equipped late model Camaros/Firechickens. I didnt know most of there setups though, just ran into most of them on the street and it was mostly short light to light action. I am sure the results for a lot of those would be different if the races had lasted longer. The one Camaro I bested that I did know the setup for had a cam, intake, and I think it had gears though I dont remember which ones, I took him by about half a car on a stretch of road that when I later measured it was just a touch over a quarter mile. I am not bragging here, I have seen taillights probably just as many times as I havent :p

I beat a cammed LS1 with my stock 92 GT 5-speed. The reason he hit the rev limiter in every gear. Most LT1 and LS1 with cams run like chit, because nobody tunes them. I say go for it because his car may not run right!!! That is why I won.

I just want to point out for every stock 5.0 beating a bolt on LT1, there are 50 bolt on LT1s beating stock 5.0s. Trust me here I have a lot of Fbody friends, and have owned and know a lot of bolt on 5.0s... with the same driver, same conditions the LT1 is a faster car!

Why give someone going into a race with a faster car, the thought in his head he is going to win. When he loses he is not going to be happy, because everyone here said he would win. Why not tell him to expect a loss, and if by some chance he wins... its that much sweeter!

Vette isn't much lighter than the camaro I dont think, even so youre forgetting the cam factor that you say the camaro has to where the vette doesn't. Unless your car is runnin in the 12's somewhere you have a very slim chance of winning and thats only when driver errors occur and maybe other factors like a poor tune or breakdown. Just my .02

Im not saying he's going to win...i just dont think the fbod is going to "walk away." It takes a substantial power difference for a car to walk away from another. Maybe squeak out a car or two, but not walk away!

I raced a lt1 with a cam, ported heads, auto with a high stall, and minor bolt ons. we were both on street tires and untuned and i beat him by a fender. It was a good ****ing dragrace! I also won $100!

either my car is just a beast or nobody else can drive. Last night i raced an LS1 with an exhaust at 90 mph i was at his rear bumper. couple months ago raced and LT1 anniversary camaro with the 6-speed with an exhaust and intake and at around 80 mph he had a fender on me and i raced my buddies IROC Z camaro with a 355, cammed, ported intake, exhaust and he beat me by a fender. So i really dont know my car has intake, exhaust, headers, aluminum radiator and a pro 5.0 shifter.