Cams are beeing installed...

• Sponsors (?)

More set backs. I emailed my builder again tonight to see if she will be ready before the big mustang cruise this Sunday and she won't. He has been stuck working late at his full time job the last 2 weeks. The cams are in and he started her up tonight. Says she sounds awesome but he still has to tune her because she sometimes wants to die at idle. Also the guy that was supposed to put the gears in can't do it this weekend and they won't be able to weld up the subframes this week. All of that he will do when the long tubes come in. So I'm going to get her back with the cams, trany cooler, B&M hammer shifter installed and a basic tune (full dyno tune will be when the LTs and X pipe are on). Man...so close but so.....far lol. I did ask him to take a video so I could post it up. I guess this gives me an excuse to order cobra breaks because he said he would put those on when he does the LTs at no charge.

Just got back from picking her up and she sounds great. Right now the tune is set for a high idle so she doesn't stall out. I'm going to schedule a time to get a full dyno tune. I will post a video up but with a high idle (1,000 RPM) she isn't to choppy. Once the tune is done I will probably have the idle set to 750rpm. With 40 mile drive home she doesn't seem like she lost any low end tq and doesn't bog down any.

With a stock stall, may i recommend a 850-860rpm idle?

Sounds good. Hey have you ever had an issue with your Hammer Shifter not going into O/D? It happened to me twice today, I would have to put her in neutral then back into D to get her to shift into O/D. After driving her about for about 50 miles I got on the throttle a little not WOT but let me tell you she pulls like crazy from 3K and does not stop pulling the more you put your foot down the more she pulls.

Just got back from picking her up and she sounds great. Right now the tune is set for a high idle so she doesn't stall out. I'm going to schedule a time to get a full dyno tune. I will post a video up but with a high idle (1,000 RPM) she isn't to choppy. Once the tune is done I will probably have the idle set to 750rpm. With 40 mile drive home she doesn't seem like she lost any low end tq and doesn't bog down any.

Congrats :nice:

My idel is set 1000 as well....chug chug chug blub blub blub chug chug chug :rlaugh:

:nice:

Glad you got her back and your happy with her. I'm also looking into cams. I was looking at the new Stang but I've decided to keep mine for awhile. I've installed the MRT midpipe, MGW Deluxe shifter and ebrake handle along with Bullitt pedals within the last couple of weeks. I she's a keeper. Good luck with her. Pearl02.

Sounds good. Hey have you ever had an issue with your Hammer Shifter not going into O/D? It happened to me twice today, I would have to put her in neutral then back into D to get her to shift into O/D. After driving her about for about 50 miles I got on the throttle a little not WOT but let me tell you she pulls like crazy from 3K and does not stop pulling the more you put your foot down the more she pulls.

Make sure you wired the o/d button correct or wiring has not come undone, I personally have never had a problem with my Hammer Shifter.

View attachment 255894

Old Picture Right After Install

Make sure you wired the o/d button correct or wiring has not come undone, I personally have never had a problem with my Hammer Shifter.

View attachment 255893

Old Picture Right After Install

I think the wiring is correct it seems to only do it when shifting up from seconds to 3rd (doesn't do it all the time though). If I leave her in drive O/D will engage. Also how do you take the T shifter off to put the ball shifter on?