Cams or Nitrous?

• Sponsors (?)

Is this your DD as well? If so ask someone who's had cams before. They sound badass and really wake up the car (I've driven one w/ VT Stage II's and it was def. fun to drive) but after a while I've heard several guys mention that they missed the "driveability" they had before cams. If you have a short commute its probably something you could live with. But having a 2nd car for longer trips would definitely be a plus.

If it's not your DD.....both ;)

Spray it , your going to pay an arm and a leg in labor + tuning and then its only a minimal gain if you go the cams route.

75-100 shot is where its at and car runs normal off the bottle :)

Spray it , your going to pay an arm and a leg in labor + tuning and then its only a minimal gain if you go the cams route.

75-100 shot is where its at and car runs normal off the bottle :)

Keep in mind that nitrous isn't free. Whether you're using it solely at the track or for fun on the street here or there (or both), you could very well end up spending $40+ a week to refill your bottle.......that adds up ;)

Sounds like you could benefit from a couple days of using the search button. Plan on what you want from your car, what type of racing, long term issues with either cams or Nitrous, etc. You have not mentioned your current mods.

For cams, you really should look at a set of headers and gears, if you don't already have them. They will help maximize the gains.

Good luck!

Besides the fact that cammed 2v sound pretty f'n aweosme, like other said, I like how the power is always there.

I have a cammed 4 valve and depending on how radical you go, it's can be plenty driveable on the street. As long as you get it tuned correctly you should be fine. I have what would be considered stage 2 (don't like that phrase) street strip profiles from Comp and I can drive in stop and go traffic with A/C going full blast with no problems stalling or anything like that. They have a nice lope to them and car is an absolute rocket in the upper RPMs.

What's going on I live in Vegas also, let me know if you need a shop and I am selling a nitrous kit with up graded lines for 500$. I had the kit on my car for 4 months and took it off cuz I bought a 03 Cobra.

Is this your DD as well? If so ask someone who's had cams before. They sound badass and really wake up the car (I've driven one w/ VT Stage II's and it was def. fun to drive) but after a while I've heard several guys mention that they missed the "driveability" they had before cams. If you have a short commute its probably something you could live with. But having a 2nd car for longer trips would definitely be a plus.

If it's not your DD.....both ;)

There is no drivablity issues with Stage I or II cams. I have hitech stage IIs, 4.10 gears, 3200rpm none locking stall converter and every other bolton. She drives better then stock. Oh and I still can get 23+ mpg on the highway at 70mph.

100 shot and call it a day.

Spray is too convenient and doesn't affect dive-ability or gas mileage when you aren't spraying. People do run a 100 shot on a bone stock tune. The biggest thing is using 1 step colder plugs (2 steps for a 125 shot and up is suggested), and keeping a clean fuel filter. As long as your engine is internally healthy as well as your fuel pump, a 100 shot won't be too hard on the car. I highly suggest a wet kit.

Cams are good and all, but for the price to gain ratio, it's pretty small. Figure $600 for cams, $220 for new springs, $xxx? for install, plus a tune, and without longtubes you can plan on 20-30rwhp depending on cam... but your choices are limited before you run into piston to valve issues on larger cams.

I wanted to cam my car, but nitrous is a cheaper initial investment and provides instant, very noticeable gains. I pay $32 to fill my bottle and when your just playing around with it, it'll last a while. Yeah, if you make a lot of track passes or spray it every day for the hell of it, it adds up, but so does using gas in that manner...

I'm running a bare bones 100 shot on my car. Using a wet kit, PSI gauge mounted on the bottle (within reach and view), no purge, no window switch, just one switch to flip to arm the system, and the rest is hooked up to a WOT switch mounted on the throttle body. No one knows I have spray if they aren't under the hood or in the trunk. I have the line covered where it peeks through the carpet and the arming switch would pass for some kind of audio or neon switch... Got my kit on sale, brand new for $416... add $32 to fill the first bottle and I instantly gained 75rwhp. Now I'm on the 100 shot and the car pulls like it never has before.