Camshaft and lifter replacement??

uhh read his post again.

He wants an OE cam and lifters. You can call your local Ford dealer and tell me if you can get that for under $150. I doubt it but am willing to admit that I did not make the call and may be wrong.

Yes you are right, several performance set ups for that gen motor are available in the Summit catalog, even a couple that include lifters for under $100 bucks. If he decides to go with a mild performance grind, he can surly make the purchase within the budget he set.

• Sponsors (?)

The best thing to do is call comp and or lunati and ask them. Tell them all the details, be honest and they will be able to find you an emissions legal cam that drives great and gives some more power. Definately under $150 for cam and lifters. About 125 if you need new springs. You can order directly from lunati or comp or use summit or jegs. Summit has more hard to find parts in stock, jegs is usually a couple of bucks cheaper ($2-$5).

He didnt say he wanted an OEM cam, he said he just wanted something stock. He's basically saying he wants to change the cam, but not for performance reasons and he wants it to be cheap. And he can do that through any company since Ford doesnt stock old cams like that.

ok guys thanks alot for all the replies

i never said i wanted a OE cam just a stock one with not that much performance but i have decided to go with the upgrade! the reason i am changing the cam is because the little metal guide that connects the cam to the top gear and the timing chain assembly broke so the car turns over but does not start. i removed the cam and lifters keeping track of where everything came out of but unfortuntely for me the cam and lifters are ****ed up they were grinded up i dont know how it happened?
thank you once again,
leo