camshaft special tools

lauries96

Dec 14, 2003
I am about to replace the Ford rods and pistons in my 96 Cobra with stronger Manley units. However, to get the camshafts refitted exactly my manual refers to a camshaft positioning tool and camshaft retaining tool. T93p-6256-A and -AHI have asked Ford but they cannot find the parts for me. I have a picture in the manual and think I could make these if someone had the specs. Can anyone tell me where to buy these or supply me with the specs to make them. I live in the Boston area.

• Sponsors (?)

lauries96 said:
I am about to replace the Ford rods and pistons in my 96 Cobra with stronger Manley units. However, to get the camshafts refitted exactly my manual refers to a camshaft positioning tool and camshaft retaining tool. T93p-6256-A and -AHI have asked Ford but they cannot find the parts for me. I have a picture in the manual and think I could make these if someone had the specs. Can anyone tell me where to buy these or supply me with the specs to make them. I live in the Boston area.

Any local tool truck should be able to get them(snap on ,mac).Or contact randy stinchcomb in the parts forum here (www.modulardepot.com).He is a parts manager for a ford dealer and races stangs too.