Camshafts

• Sponsors (?)

This again?

As mentioned. you are wasting time, money, and effort swapping cams with stock E7 heads, intake, throttle body, MAF.

When you are ready, get the TrickFlow kit from Summit. Been used thousands of times and has about everything you need except injectors, MAF which you may not need, and is a proven 275-300 rwhp. Know the cost is about $2600 without items like fluids, a new SFI balancer, spark plugs, wire,, cap, rightstugff,etc. Expect to spend around $3000 when all is said and done.

If you want the sound, just go ahead and get an e303 cam.

Of course not knowing if this is an AOD car, or speed density, we can't really advise if this is the correct cam for you.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

This again?

As mentioned. you are wasting time, money, and effort swapping cams with stock E7 heads, intake, throttle body, MAF.

When you are ready, get the TrickFlow kit from Summit. Been used thousands of times and has about everything you need except injectors, MAF which you may not need, and is a proven 275-300 rwhp. Know the cost is about $2600 without items like fluids, a new SFI balancer, spark plugs, wire,, cap, rightstugff,etc. Expect to spend around $3000 when all is said and done.
I'm currently knee deep in a Trick Flow top end project, soup to nuts the cost escalates quickly. I'm around 4,400 hundred bucks but that is including lifters, headers , X pipe, throttle body, egr,injectors, Maf, water pump. You may already have some of these parts. The cost of doing it right is what delayed me for 2 years, really tough to not change a bunch of parts and expect real results.

just want the sound for now... in time and as money comes I will do more to match the cam. just figured I would start from the bottom with parts and work my way up. just trying to figure out if I needed to change out the lifters and valve springs for a e303... it is a 89 so it does have the maf sensor

How many miles are on the engine? Will it be in need of a rebuild soon? The entire front dress is going to need to come off and that amount of work usually happens at rebuild time. No sense in doing it twice. Get whatever Cam you are interested in and just do everything at once. Freshen the block if it needs it, an explorer head/ intake combo, New timing set, water pump, valve springs/hardware...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure you want to ride cheap ( for now ). Grabbing a set of explorer heads is pretty cheap from the junkyard. If you can put a cam in one of these motors you can do the heads ...only a few more bolts.

I had an e303 cam and loved it for years. It even went in my 347. It felt like just enough, at the time, but that was 10 years ago....when new cars were still produced with less than 200hp
[emoji106]

Does the car still have the stock 55mm maf on it? If so it probably it falls flat at about 4800rpm. If you swap in a 70mm maf from select other Ford vehicles, it will pull good up to 6k. Extra ponies just waitin up there for you. The stock cam is no slouch really. Slap on some 1.7 roller rockers and you'll get the lift up to .480 or so.

Back to the MAF upgrade. I'm no longer running it since I when with a total new setup. However, I got the donar MAF from a 94 Marquis at the junkyard of $25. Then another $10 air tubing adapter flange from ebay and done!

I dont disagree with the other who say save up and go with bigger plans. But sometimes its fun to nibble at things and see what happens.

BTW, what year is the car? Is it even equipped with MAF?