Can 2v's get 12.5's NA?

• Sponsors (?)

well my 98 is also in the 12's... :D check out sig for mods. This is with hardly any weight reduction. Ive only taken out everything in the trunk and got a cervini's cowl induction hood that only weighs like 12lbs comared to the stock one which is quite a bit more. If i stripped the inside of the car and did a rear seat delete then im sure i could drop it down a good bit more. Ill also be throwing in some cams right after christmas so im sure i could be pretty close to 12.5's after christmas.

It can be done that has been proven by a few on this board. You might be able to get there with alot of bolt ons, practice and a serious diet, for every 100 lbs of weight removed you can gain a tenth of a second so say good bye to those creature comforts.

I just ran 12.15 at 110 at Atco Raceway in Jersey. You can definatley do it. My race weight with me in the car is 3080. I do not have the heavy factory seats or wheels, but if you figure every 100 pounds is a tenth, a 12.50 would be my time with 250 to 300 pounds more weight in the car. So have your seats and wheels and you can still do it. My longblock is factory Ford, so anybody can do it. I only keep trying to go faster cause Bill won't stop.... :D

Starkie

:rlaugh: the smack between Starkie and Bill continues.... i love it!!!

my car has a 100% stock longblock with all the worthwhile bolt-ons. current race weight is 3,200# (+/-). current best = 12.17/110.06 with a 1.57 60'.

i ordered VT cams and within the next week or two i hope to have them installed... 11.99 or bust :)

-Mike