Can anyone help me out!!!!!!

stangrulez

Sep 27, 2011
So i was driving my 96 mustang gt vert on the freeway the other day going around 60, when all of a sudden it shut off on me. The stereo was still on but the car was completely off. It did not shake or anything it simply turned off. I tried turning it back on and it would but then would shut off. The car had half a tank of gas. Well i took it home and heard the alternator making weird noises so i had it replaced. I also had the fuel filter switched out just in case.(the gas in the fuel filter was completely dark, not a good sign) Well after both were replaced the car was working fine for about an hour when at a red light it started to shake violently as if it had no gas(it had a quarter tank of gas at that point) and turned off on me. I tried restarting the car and at first it would not restart when all of a sudden it did so i rushed to the nearest gas station and filled it up. Now with a full tank there is no signs of anything wrong with it. Does anyone have a clue to what it might be???Sorry for the long post, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a fuel issue to me. Might have junk in the fuel tank by the sound of it. Check fuel pressure and change the filter again if it was so dirty that dark stuff was coming out of the last one. Could be the fuel pump failing on you too. When they go bad it happens intermittently.