Can I fit 17x10.5 wheels on my fox body?

NastE50

Founding Member
May 21, 2002
IL
Can I fit 17x10.5 wheels on my fox body?

I just bought a used stang on ebay with the Cobra disk brake conversion for $1200!!! It also includes many other parts that I am going to be putting into my stang including 31 spline axles! I am in the market for some 5 lug wheels. There is something I don't like a bout 4 lug Cobra R's that I can't put my finger on. I Want to be different. I don't drive it that often only so that I don't get bored with it. I don't mind a little rubbing. I already packed 26x15x11.5 M/T E.T. Streets under the fenders with miniumal rubbing on the passenger side inner fender. I have done the hammer trick on the inside wheel well. I just think HUGE tires in the back look absolutely AWESOME. The traction wouldn't hurt either :nice: 315 NITTOS are the goal. Is this set up feasable?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm kinda of wondering the same. I have an 86GT. I bought a whole setup from a 94GT rear axle spindles and brakes all the way around. It would be pretty badazz to run 17x10 in the back and 17x9's up front with some big ol 315's planting me too the rear. My car is only gonna be lowered a 1". So i'd also like some info on this too.

you get bored with your stang, maybe you need a camaro so you can always have something to work on. i think 9" are plenty big for the rear and 8" for the front but i dont like scrubbing and refuse to hammer on anything. good luck with it though.

(Thats funny John! Nice drivin' in that GT of yours. You need to get those deepdish bullets so we can both pack heat!)

First of all, yes, I do get bored with my stang. There is soo much that I want to do to it and I can't afford it all. I've come a long way considering I built the whole engine myself! I have NO plans to get rid of it. I love it. Its like a hot girlfriend. There are sometimes when you need time away from her to go hang out with your friends. That DOESN't mean go jump on a fat pig or as you put it, go buy a Camaro. I WOULD NEVER GET WITH A FAT GIRL or BUY A CAMARO. Just a little explanation of my bored comment. Anyways. I got a new question...will this set of rim's fit on my car? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7912554520&category=43957 If so, I AM purchasing them today. I need an answer quick! The auction is up in 4 hours!