Can I install lowering springs myself?

BlueOvalStangGT said:
hmm i got the first one almost done, pretty easy like you all said. which way am i supposed to face the pig tail and does the rubber peice go on top or on bottom of spring?(not the rubber peice that wraps are the spring). Also i found this lil metal peice that fell out, looks like alluminum, bent about 2" by 1" and i dont know if its a peice of road debris or what.

Thoe flat part of the spring goes up, the open coil part goes down, and the doughnut looking isolator goes on the top side, dunno about the piece of metal, spare parts I guess. :D

• Sponsors (?)

yep thanks both springs in (front). back comes tomorow. that peice of metal i found goes between the strut and the spindle(right where dem 2 bolts go) and i didnt really try to put it back in but it doesnt look like it will to easily. so i take my car around the block for a test drive........everythings fine.....stop sign approaching....apply brakes.......hmmm still moving.....there goes the stop sign....... AGGHHHH turn!!!!! now i got to go searching for brake fluid in my garage/jungle. thanks for the help guys

btw i went with s/c black95gt's method but i didnt unbolt the brake caliper. easy install and sure beats paying some one else $180