Can I mount 245/45/17's on 17x9's?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes they will work. That's what i have, but only because i bought the tires just before i got the wheels. Some tires fit better than others. My tires stick outside of the wheel which is good. But there are some where the wheel sticks a little outside of the tire, and can get damaged easily. It will work for now, but when you get new tires, get wider ones.

96BlueStangGT said:
Yes they will work. That's what i have, but only because i bought the tires just before i got the wheels. Some tires fit better than others. My tires stick outside of the wheel which is good. But there are some where the wheel sticks a little outside of the tire, and can get damaged easily. It will work for now, but when you get new tires, get wider ones.

Thanks, you've been helpfull today. First the chop and now this. :nice:

BTW, there are these 40mm offset 17x8's. They're regularly aftermarket rims for 05-06's. I'm trying to rack my head to see if these rims will work for my 97GT withou problems.

What I did was convert the 40mm to inches and subtracted that from the entire wheel width to get the back spacing size. Is that correct?

17x9 40mm offset rims
40mm = 1.5748 inches
9 inches - 1.5748 = 7.4252 (backspacing)

Is this right? And would I have any issues? The rims I have are the stock split 5 spoke 17x8's.

DISREGUARD. I GET IT NOW \/