can i run high 13's?

Yes you should be able to. My best time was 14.00, 3.73's, X-pipe+catback(no headers), pullies, edelbrook intake, cai, and a short shifter with ok traction.

Crap i wrote all this and saw you dont have an intake. Not sure anymore.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd do that for sure. Would be a start. Bellhousing and all? I'm sure I could get the rest of the stuff aftermarket if I have to. This summer I'd like to change it over since I have my bike to ride.

Got me thinking now lol. Where you located?

do you really want to swap in the manual just to run high 13's?

lots of hp + built auto= lethal

Yes, you are correct.....actually traded a nicely done up dynamic c4 for my 5 speed and don't regret it only because it's what I want and I only take it to the track a hand full of times each year other than that I enjoy it on the street...so IMO it was worth it for the 13.9 with only them couple things done. ;)

I'd do that for sure. Would be a start. Bellhousing and all? I'm sure I could get the rest of the stuff aftermarket if I have to. This summer I'd like to change it over since I have my bike to ride.

Got me thinking now lol. Where you located?

for the rest just browse the classifieds and ebay. I got my pedals and harness off ebay, computer from corral.....everything else though came with the deal when I got my tranny. For what it's worth to you, I did the swap myself unfortunately....hardest part was putting hte trans. in the air and the pedals weren't too terribly hard but time consuming and unconfortable because I didn't remove the seat. good luck with whatever you do man.

It is possible, but its not going to be easy. If you can get the car to hook well, you are extremely quick on your shifts, and your track elevation is decent you "could" do it. More than likely your times will be in the low 14's at around 96-98mph.

Sticky tires do wonders! I went from a 14.3 at 97.3 with a 2.08 60' on street tires to a 13.83 at 98.55mph with a 1.91 60' with nittos and a homemade CAI.

The intake moved my power band up. Hurt me down low with the stock stall. Since you have a 5-speed car, it'll definitely help you.

I'll be selling my Cobra upper/lower in the next month or so. Already have the TrickFlow Track Heat kit waiting for the bottom of the engine to be finished.

You mentioned you have gone to the track. What DID it run?

Sticky tires do wonders! I went from a 14.3 at 97.3 with a 2.08 60' on street tires to a 13.83 at 98.55mph with a 1.91 60' with nittos and a homemade CAI.

Ha Ha

Kill a tenth in the sixty foot ...
For two of em on the big end :nice:

Where have we seen that before ;)

Ain't it Funny :rlaugh:
How those little basic rule of thumbs surface over and over

Guys ... this is plain handwriting on the wall here :D

A thought or two about stick trans 1320 assaults :)

If you wanna use et for a judge of performance :shrug:

You absolutely have to factor in two things
1) good sixty foot
2) good shifts

Both have everything to do with ... Driver Skills ;)

You get those skills by practice and ... lots of it

When you first start to go to the track .....
You just don't have much of it :bang:
and
No matter if you got little or lots of horsepower

You need to develop that skill for maximum et success :nice:

Honestly ... You really are better off working in that area
rather than
throwing expensive parts at it to lower et :eek:

After you get your et down to where .......
You've just about done all you can do with practice
then
consider parts to lower sixty foot
or
build more horsepower
or
do both

Stop and consider this ... little mystery :rlaugh:

Why do you think some can go so quick :eek: :eek:
with so few hot rod parts :scratch:

Its all about your ability to be a ... Hot Shoe ... Or Not :rlaugh:

Just said that stuff in hopes some of you younger folk
won't get too :bang: when you go to the track :)

It does take time :fuss:
and
everybody has to go through it all ;)

Thats why I like using Dyno Pulls to judge performance
It takes driver skill ... out of the picture
however
More fun going to the track :banana: thats for sure :nice:

Grady

Great post Grady and SO TRUE! It should also be stated that being a good driver on the street doesn't mean you will neccessarily be a good driver at the track, its a different world in many ways.

In terms of an intakes worth, here are my hard numbers:
with 3.73's, 14* timing, ASP pulleys, off road X pipe, removed air silencer, and flowmaster mufflers I went 14.6 at 94.89. I then added an edelbrock performer intake, a 65mm TB, and shorty headers and ran the 14.3 at 97.2. The drag radials and CAI dropped that to a 13.83 at 98.55mph. Stock the car ran a 15.2 at 90mph. Keep in mind that this is in a then nearly 3800lb 'vert. A coupe should be at least 2-3 tenths quicker than a vert.

Great post Grady and SO TRUE! It should also be stated that being a good driver on the street doesn't mean you will neccessarily be a good driver at the track, its a different world in many ways.

In terms of an intakes worth, here are my hard numbers:
with 3.73's, 14* timing, ASP pulleys, off road X pipe, removed air silencer, and flowmaster mufflers I went 14.6 at 94.89. I then added an edelbrock performer intake, a 65mm TB, and shorty headers and ran the 14.3 at 97.2. The drag radials and CAI dropped that to a 13.83 at 98.55mph. Stock the car ran a 15.2 at 90mph. Keep in mind that this is in a then nearly 3800lb 'vert. A coupe should be at least 2-3 tenths quicker than a vert.

i know this is all just a guessing game but my car 'should' run 15.0 stock and maybe now......14.3 ish ?

Ha Ha

Kill a tenth in the sixty foot ...
For two of em on the big end :nice:

Where have we seen that before ;)

Ain't it Funny :rlaugh:
How those little basic rule of thumbs surface over and over

Guys ... this is plain handwriting on the wall here :D

A thought or two about stick trans 1320 assaults :)

If you wanna use et for a judge of performance :shrug:

You absolutely have to factor in two things
1) good sixty foot
2) good shifts

Both have everything to do with ... Driver Skills ;)

You get those skills by practice and ... lots of it

When you first start to go to the track .....
You just don't have much of it :bang:
and
No matter if you got little or lots of horsepower

You need to develop that skill for maximum et success :nice:

Honestly ... You really are better off working in that area
rather than
throwing expensive parts at it to lower et :eek:

After you get your et down to where .......
You've just about done all you can do with practice
then
consider parts to lower sixty foot
or
build more horsepower
or
do both

Stop and consider this ... little mystery :rlaugh:

Why do you think some can go so quick :eek: :eek:
with so few hot rod parts :scratch:

Its all about your ability to be a ... Hot Shoe ... Or Not :rlaugh:

Just said that stuff in hopes some of you younger folk
won't get too :bang: when you go to the track :)

It does take time :fuss:
and
everybody has to go through it all ;)

Thats why I like using Dyno Pulls to judge performance
It takes driver skill ... out of the picture
however
More fun going to the track :banana: thats for sure :nice:

Grady

Brings up another point.... many times we see posts about how a 5-speed driver knocked off 8 tenths with an intake. When in reality they have been going to the track all year and practicing their driving skillz. They would have dropped their ET without changing a thing on their car. :D

Brings up another point.... many times we see posts about how a 5-speed driver knocked off 8 tenths with an intake. When in reality they have been going to the track all year and practicing their driving skillz. They would have dropped their ET without changing a thing on their car. :D

good point. get the form down first the spend money on parts ( if times matter to you that is )

Yup, to me dyno numbers are just numbers. Seen too many cars that had great HP numbers and nothing on the street or the track. Then I've seen cars that dynoed low and ran great on the street and track.

I own a car to drive.... not to brag about.