Can I see some Fox's with the exaust tips cut through the bumper

Actually... that doesn't look too bad. It's the ones where the holes are cut through the bumper that look ghetto. Like some kind of stage prop for Dr. Who or something.

My motto is that it doesn't have to be factory but the fit and finish should make it look like it could have been.

• Sponsors (?)

I like the dead cat.

:nice:

I think you guyz are all full of poop. I think drilling holes into a perfectly good bumper to run exhaust is a great idea. Let me tell you how I'd do it...

1st

You need to clean the bumper. Egg works well. I find that 1 egg will clean aprroximately 3 square feet, so you may need 2 grade A eggs.

2nd

You need to measure- Eye balling it just won't do. So use a knife to etch 2 plus signs where the exhaust will meet the bumper. Then etch a line between them. If the line is straight, you've got it. If not just redo.

3rd

Your not gonna want to use a drill for this project. Take hammer and a nail and punch through the center of each plus sign, then take a sawzall and cut as close to a circle out as you can.

4th

You're ready for the exhaust. I recommend "AeroSpeed". They make great performance mufflers with the tip made into them. :nice:

That's it!!!
There ya go. And please write a tech article and take pictures so that we all know how it went :)

Thank you. Please print this page for your records.

:nice:

I think you guyz are all full of poop. I think drilling holes into a perfectly good bumper to run exhaust is a great idea. Let me tell you how I'd do it...

1st

You need to clean the bumper. Egg works well. I find that 1 egg will clean aprroximately 3 square feet, so you may need 2 grade A eggs.

Your kidding about the egg right? All the other points seem legit, but an EGG to clean your paint? Do elaborate on this one.

BTW YOUR AVATAR RULES! I always knew that burger king's king was a sneaky fellow.

I know there are a good amount of informed people here willing to share, but the amount of beginners trumps them by a large number. The tech side is good, but this site seems more geared towards the relaxed hang out atmosphere.

There are people here who will forget more than I will ever know about Mustangs, but for the most part if I have a tech issue, I will PM the select few, or head to a site geared towards tech!

Not knocking the site, just stating my opinion of it. I spend most of my net time here anyway!

I saw a GT with what looked like tips from either an Acura RSX or a GXP on it. The tips were turned upside down and the slash cut face of the tips followed the lower lip of the rear valance really well. It looked good enough that I thought about trying it also.

First off just because you own a cobra doesn't make you king of all mustangs. Second Your list of mods on it isn't all that impressive, nor that creative. More so looks you read what is most popular to buy and whipped out the ole CC. If you're going to be serious about posting on a site its best to see who posts what, and maybe figure out what they have and if they know what they are talking about. I don't post much on SN(cause of people like you) but I can tell that dagger knows what he is doing with his car. I could care less if he is a mod or not to be honest. Its the fact he knows a good amount.

Fist off because I own a Cobra, I DO think I am better then you, because you are an idiot, Second, as far as my list of mods that isnt so creative, NASA is still working on my Jet engine so I will be different soon enough, Third I would rather be driving a PAID for car first, and live in MY OWN HOUSE rather then rent or with your parents. And Lastly a moderator is supposed to be professional, not try to start crap.

Now to all who called me a tool, go and throw yourselves off a bridge, or play in traffiic.

To all who attempted to contribute something other then the original thread poster is a tool, thank you. I never had a Fox befor, when I came home from Iraq last year, I decided to get one that I could fix up, so I have no idea what kinds of stuff is out there for these. I saw one once with the tips through the bumber and thought it looked good, all I was asking for were ideas.

Driveway (the one at work is worse)
View attachment 408641

Clearance to Concrete, The exaust was like this when I got it. I like the tips, just not the black marks they are making in the old paint, much less what its going to do to the new once its on.
View attachment 408643

Project
View attachment 408645

couldnt you put a cobra bumper on it? or maybe a saleen bumper and that would allow you to put the tail pipes out back like you want and not have to cut a bumper. some people are looking for gt bumpers to fix wrecked cars and im sure they are gettng harder to find for a good price

:shrug: I'm sure I'll get flamed, but, just playing with some ideas...
MustangExhaust1.jpg

MustangExhaust2.jpg