Can I use 1.7 RR

KeithStang

Jun 17, 2003
Redding, CA
Can I put 1.7 RR on my basically stock 94? If so, what will I need? I know the obvious, torque wrench, vc gaskets. What else? How much torque do I apply to thr RR's? They are stud mount if this matters. Will I notice any power gains? Is this a mod not worth the time or headache? Any input would be great. Thanks :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed from your sig that you didnt have any aftermarket heads on your car. Aren't the stock heads pedistal mount and not stud mount? I'd say just hold off on the rockers for now anyways. Wait until you get some new heads to get some new rockers that way you wont have to do it twice. As for the gains, It's not worth the headache you have to go through.

get crane 1.7s "cobra rockers"

yes there is a gain despite what people will tell you here. you might freshen up your valve springs while yoru at it. some good springs to prevent valve float.

oh... I would get a used cobra intake in addition or instead

for just the price of the roller rockers, not including labor etc. you should be able to pick up a good maf and maybe some pullies if yo look in the used market that should be a good 15 Hp to the tires I WOULD GUESS ANYHOW

check if they are Stud mount or pedestal mount rockers cuz the stud mounts won't install on a stock heads. i did install a 1.7 rr o my mustang but be careful!! check the valve spring cuz my spring were not that good and i end up with dent on my pistons.

If you can get them cheap then do it. Just like everyone else said. You can probably get more HP out of other components. But then again, it will probably cost a little more $$$. Just make sure that the springs are still in good shape.