Can I Use A Column From A 5 Spd In An Auto?

maverick31210

Mar 5, 2013
I'm doing a trans swap and using a 5 sod donor car for all the parts. The wheel on the donor car is in better shape than the new car. Since I have the columns out to pull the pedal assemblies anyway, can I interchange them? I don't have a steering wheel puller and figured this is easier.

• Sponsors (?)

yes, all the steering stuff is the same, only difference in the interior is the pedal assembly and of course the shifter. only thing you have to look out for is year issues, 87-89, and 90-93 are different because of the airbag stuff.

Thanks guys!

The wiring is what's confusing. One car is a 90 the other a 92. Do I need to swap computers? I have all the wiring for both cars, what do I actually need to swap?
Your auto car has a plug under the dash with a loop thats the neutral safety for when you start it and another plug for the cruise control cut out switch on the clutch pedal assembly you will swap in . Plug those in. The harness on the stick transmission gets plugged in to the harness coming from the trans tunnel on your auto car. The reverse light harness is attached to that. Everything else is the hard ware and enjoy your newly swapped car. My car built now still has the auto computer in it there is no issue