Can Nitrous be safe if used in moderation.

markzeronine

Nov 7, 2005
Florida
Hey guys let me give you a little backround. I was always an all motor honda (VTAKKKKKKKKKK YO haha) guy, but the Mustang bug bit me, and I sold my Integra to buy a Mustang. I picked up a 1996 GT for Dirt cheap, and I always told my friends "I'm gonna spray the piss out of the V8" and kill all you ricers. haha.

But I sort of fell in love with the car, and havn't had the balls to buy a nitrous kit yet. There's a good local deal for a complete wet kit minus the jets, and I think i'm going to buy it. My car has 97,000 miles up on her, it's a two owner and im fairly sure that it hasnt been beat on much before I got it. I think i'm going to spray either a 50 to 75 shot, something small ,but nice to have. My car is still nearly bone stock

I was wondering if it will hold up on my car for a year or more if i only use it probably once a month at most. (track, and random races)

post up your experiences with it.

thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

you should be fine at those levels. to be on the even safer side, get one of the palmheld tuners(diablo or sct) and retard the timing a few degrees, and/or get a dynotune.

also, if i ever go nitrous, i would also get a wideband 02 sensor and gauge, that way i will know whats happening in realtime if something does go screwy, i can back off and save the motor.

one of my buddies now in texas ran a 125 shot on a stock motor but tuned, for 3 years before he got bored and tore it down for a mod 5.0 and 4v heads.

Save yourself the money and just do a PI cams and intake. Damn near the same hp gain~5-10 and saves you money. Too many people think you need the heads too, but the real power comes from the cams and intake.

i think he was saying its within 5-10hp of that much spray...

these motors are like a B18B that will take abuse to no end... the rods are a weak link so start researching before you build... i have a friend turning 8700rpm on stock LS rods but i wouldnt dare even turn 7k on stock mustang rods....

blackfang said:
Save yourself the money and just do a PI cams and intake. Damn near the same hp gain~5-10 and saves you money. Too many people think you need the heads too, but the real power comes from the cams and intake.

Agreed! A non-pi with a 50-75 shot would be very close to what you'll have if you did the Pi-cams and intake.
Better yet do the Pi-cam/intake AND use the spray!

BooWFO said:
No I think what Black Fang was referring to is the intake and cams are within 5-10hp of the FULL conversion but LOTS cheaper to do.

Thanks BooWFO, I knew what he meant, I just didn't word my reply so that it would actually make sense :D

The PI-cam/intake swap is easier and cheaper to do than the full headswap and would produce similar gains to the full headswap or the 50-75 shot.:nice:

blackfang said:

I felt good gains with mine!!! Easy to do... If you look around enough you should be able to get everything (parts) for around $400. Very worth it.